Photo
- - - - -

Clausen getting back to work

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
193 replies to this topic

#121 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

I'm pretty damn sure those rookie WR's had something to do with it, along with the O-line not protecting particularly well, very questionable play calling, and the running game sucking for much of the time. You're acting as if Jimmy was surrounded by pro bowlers who played well every week, and that's not even close to being the case here. Everybody on this offense made mistakes, and Smitty was actually one of the worst offenders at times.

I'm not. Those crappy rookie WRs got into the endzone at a good rate when Clausen wasn't starting.....especially for a running team.

Jimmy was surrounded by Pro Bowlers, in fact he had 2 on his OL and Steve Smith has been to several. Yet all you want to do is talk about how Jimmy was doomed to fail. There is blame to go around....Jimmy gets the bulk for simply being a very bad rookie QB.

Edited by CRA, 25 January 2011 - 12:46 PM.

#122 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

LOL, the minute you post anything about Clausen there are 3 or 4 usual suspects that jump right in and take the opportunity to tell you how much he sucks.

My first post in this thread was somewhat a defense of him...I feel I deserve a medal.

#123 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

I'm not. Those crappy rookie WRs got into the endzone at a good rate when Clausen wasn't starting.....especially for a running team.

Jimmy was surrounded by Pro Bowlers, in fact he had 2 on his OL and Steve Smith has been to several. Yet all you want to do is talk about how Jimmy was doomed to fail. There is blame to go around....Jimmy gets the bulk for simply being a very bad rookie QB.

WTH difference does it make to have a couple of pro bowlers on the line if they block like dog poo for most of the season? Our TE's and RB's were getting their asses handed to them in pass pro all year as well.

#124 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

WTH difference does it make to have a couple of pro bowlers on the line if they block like dog poo for most of the season? Our TE's and RB's were getting their asses handed to them in pass pro all year as well.

again, it is the David Carr principle. Horrible QB play leads to more sacks and makes an OL worse than it really is. We saw that first hand in 2007....and it can be seen on other teams.

Matt Moore was garbage this year. BSP was garbage. Both got the WRs involved w/ a signicantly smaller number of opportunities.

Goodson whiffed on a couple blocks horrifically. You can find those type plays on just about every team in the NFL.

The Clausen excuses are just absurd. He sucked. Let's hope he gets better. But he simply did suck and plenty of that had nothing to do w/ his cast.

Edited by CRA, 25 January 2011 - 01:26 PM.

#125 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

i just asked clausen about him coming back and if it was just meetings he was having and he said it was to learn the new playbook.

#126 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

Our O-line looked pretty darn bad, regardless of who the QB was. How anybody can say differently, I have no idea. Matt Moore got the hell beaten out of him before Clausen ever saw the field.

#127 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

TROLLOLOL

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

i just asked clausen about him coming back and if it was just meetings he was having and he said it was to learn the new playbook.

This brings up another question for me. Do players like DWill, Kalil, Davis, Moore etc get to look at the playbook since they are currently under contract but might not be in the future?

I know Moore is there every day rehabbing but do you think he gets to talk to coaches as well?

#128 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Our O-line looked pretty darn bad, regardless of who the QB was. How anybody can say differently, I have no idea. Matt Moore got the hell beaten out of him before Clausen ever saw the field.

our OL didn't look great, especially early. Matt Moore simply made horrible throws and missed recievers....some that would have been for big plays. That ain't the OL's fault. That is Moore doing his job poorly.

Same applies to Jimmy but just much more extreme in terms of how bad the QB was.

#129 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

This brings up another question for me. Do players like DWill, Kalil, Davis, Moore etc get to look at the playbook since they are currently under contract but might not be in the future?

I know Moore is there every day rehabbing but do you think he gets to talk to coaches as well?

no idea. i could see it being used to try and persuade someone to come or stay, but it could also be something that could come to bite us in the butt, more if they have a photographic memory (which i don't think is that much of a problem in the league).

#130 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

Define a good rate. Off the top of my head not sure if LaFell got into the endzone. Gettis had one exceptional game and one more play.

The pro bowl is a joke, anyone who watched the Panthers play would know Kahlil or Gross shouldnt be in the Pro Bowl. Smith had numerous dropped passes this season, when those add up, it makes it more difficult to get in a rhythm, especially a rhythm with that wr.

Regardless of blame, I'm putting it on the coaching staff just because Im on the outside and have no idea how practices are run or have no idea why there was no chemistry developed on the offense. We saw this early in preseason and nothing got better throughout the year. There was no chemistry with Moore, and even less with Clausen. We will depend on the new staff to create a gelling process and as fans best we can do is hope there is success there.