Photo
- - - - -

Clausen getting back to work

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
193 replies to this topic

#25 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

hijacked thread is hijacked

#26 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hey it's not like UNC is a football powerhouse. I know what we are and that's a basketball school. Our football program is getting better under Butch Davis but no elite high school QB's are going to come to UNC. They all go to the big football schools like USC, Florida, Ohio State, Alabama and Texas. If TJ had played his whole career like he did his senior year you wouldn't think it's all that sad. Dude was amazing last year.

Nothin like a basketball school that blows at basketball :)

Jk, it's been a rough couple years for the heels. They'll bounce back though.

#27 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

I don't question his work ethic at all, but sadly, not everyone who works hard becomes great :(

No truer statement, however due to this he will be at worst a very good back up quarterback. So many players in the league just don't have that drive and are complete wastes. His effort and passion will at least give us a role player.

#28 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

UNC...you mean the school where the Bball coach hates the fans and the football coach hates the colors? Lets stay on the subject please.

#29 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

I don't question his work ethic at all, but sadly, not everyone who works hard becomes great :(

And that's the whole point behind my comment on his leadership ability. NFL Rosters are littered with guys who have physical tools, but it takes a special kind of personality to make a difference late when the game is on the line.

#30 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

Well Im glade he is showing a good work ethic. Hopefully he can learn and be better this year.

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

No truer statement, however due to this he will be at worst a very good back up quarterback. So many players in the league just don't have that drive and are complete wastes. His effort and passion will at least give us a role player.

He's better suited to a West Coast Offense, always has been. And although we may tailor things to suit him somewhat, that's not what we'll be running.

#32 GoHeels74

GoHeels74

Thank You TJ!

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Nothin like a basketball school that blows at basketball :)

Jk, it's been a rough couple years for the heels. They'll bounce back though.

Hey I'll take a few down years for the price of winning 2 National Championships.

#33 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

can't ask for anything more than hard work

#34 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

I don't know about the whole "work ethic" and "passion for the game" thing. Let me explain and you tell me your thoughts.

During the course of a game we'll see the QB come off the field and immediately there's the QB coach, there are the photos, talking with other players and the discussion of the last series. This past season I saw Clausen on the sidelines by himself, no player interaction, no coaching staff, no telephones to the booth, etc.

All that confirmed to me was the staff and/or Clausen just didn't give a crap one way or the other. I never saw the guy getting coached up and I never saw him speak with other players on the sidelines.

#35 GoHeels74

GoHeels74

Thank You TJ!

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

I don't know about the whole "work ethic" and "passion for the game" thing. Let me explain and you tell me your thoughts.

During the course of a game we'll see the QB come off the field and immediately there's the QB coach, there are the photos, talking with other players and the discussion of the last series. This past season I saw Clausen on the sidelines by himself, no player interaction, no coaching staff, no telephones to the booth, etc.

All that confirmed to me was the staff and/or Clausen just didn't give a crap one way or the other. I never saw the guy getting coached up and I never saw him speak with other players on the sidelines.

First of all I'll start by saying I don't like Clausen. I didn't like him coming out of Notre Dame and I definitely don't like him as our starting QB. But if you have all the games on DVR like I do go back and watch them. There were plenty of times Clausen was on the sidelines getting coached up and talking with his teammates. Too bad our QB coach sucked and was probably making him even worse.

#36 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

I attended 7 games at home this season and rarely saw him interacting with anyone on the sidelines, so while our opinions of him as the Panther QB may be in stride, what I saw differs from what you saw.