#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,387 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

No truer statement, however due to this he will be at worst a very good back up quarterback. So many players in the league just don't have that drive and are complete wastes. His effort and passion will at least give us a role player.

He's better suited to a West Coast Offense, always has been. And although we may tailor things to suit him somewhat, that's not what we'll be running.

#32 GoHeels74

GoHeels74

Thank You TJ!

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Nothin like a basketball school that blows at basketball :)

Jk, it's been a rough couple years for the heels. They'll bounce back though.

Hey I'll take a few down years for the price of winning 2 National Championships.

#33 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,521 posts

can't ask for anything more than hard work

#34 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,440 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

I don't know about the whole "work ethic" and "passion for the game" thing. Let me explain and you tell me your thoughts.

During the course of a game we'll see the QB come off the field and immediately there's the QB coach, there are the photos, talking with other players and the discussion of the last series. This past season I saw Clausen on the sidelines by himself, no player interaction, no coaching staff, no telephones to the booth, etc.

All that confirmed to me was the staff and/or Clausen just didn't give a crap one way or the other. I never saw the guy getting coached up and I never saw him speak with other players on the sidelines.

#35 GoHeels74

GoHeels74

Thank You TJ!

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

I don't know about the whole "work ethic" and "passion for the game" thing. Let me explain and you tell me your thoughts.

During the course of a game we'll see the QB come off the field and immediately there's the QB coach, there are the photos, talking with other players and the discussion of the last series. This past season I saw Clausen on the sidelines by himself, no player interaction, no coaching staff, no telephones to the booth, etc.

All that confirmed to me was the staff and/or Clausen just didn't give a crap one way or the other. I never saw the guy getting coached up and I never saw him speak with other players on the sidelines.

First of all I'll start by saying I don't like Clausen. I didn't like him coming out of Notre Dame and I definitely don't like him as our starting QB. But if you have all the games on DVR like I do go back and watch them. There were plenty of times Clausen was on the sidelines getting coached up and talking with his teammates. Too bad our QB coach sucked and was probably making him even worse.

#36 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,440 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

I attended 7 games at home this season and rarely saw him interacting with anyone on the sidelines, so while our opinions of him as the Panther QB may be in stride, what I saw differs from what you saw.

#37 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

Unless Clausen takes a page out of The Golden Calf of Bristol's playbook and change that low release throwing motion, I don't care what he does. Is he working on a way to lose every game next year? (If there's a season, I hope not)

#38 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

unless clausen takes a page out of The Golden Calf of Bristol's playbook and change that low release throwing motion, i don't care what he does. Is he working on a way to lose every game next year? (if there's a season, i hope not)

stfu

#39 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

TRD or TURD can you play nice for once there are civilized ways to disagree.

#40 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

TRD or TURD can you play nice for once there are civilized ways to disagree.

Rooting for your team to lose every game is childish at best. If he wants to talk about the lockout there are plenty of other threads. This is about Clausen improving so keep it at that.

#41 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• ALL-PRO
  • 606 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

I'm trying to erase everything I saw last season from my mind. This team in 2010 was dysfunctional from the ownership down to the parking attendants. This would have the tendency to make the players and coaches look disinterested. I think it was more discouragement than disinterest. Sometimes knowing that no matter what you do it isn't going to be enough can have that effect. I'm willing to give the new guys an opportunity to evaluate Jimmy and the others before passing judgment. I'm hoping our future QB is on the roster. If not, I hope we find the right guy. I wish all our young guys the best and hope they realize their potential.

#42 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

Rooting for your team to lose every game is childish at best. If he wants to talk about the lockout there are plenty of other threads. This is about Clausen improving so keep it at that.

If you mean by Clausen improving as in getting worse, then I've said nothing wrong. Yet if he truly wanted to improve, he would definitely have to change that throwing motion. Lastly, I seriously doubt Clausen will start next season.

#43 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

If you mean by Clausen improving as in getting worse, then I've said nothing wrong. Yet if he truly wanted to improve, he would definitely have to change that throwing motion. Lastly, I seriously doubt Clausen will start next season.

It was just a childish response in a thread that it had nothing to do with. You asked if he was working on losing every game if we even had a season, then said you hoped we didn't.

Just didn't see the point of that in this thread. I'm a Clausen hater and didn't feel the need to post some bs in the thread.

#44 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

It was just a childish response in a thread that it had nothing to do with. You asked if he was working on losing every game if we even had a season, then said you hoped we didn't.

Just didn't see the point of that in this thread. I'm a Clausen hater and didn't feel the need to post some bs in the thread.

As far as childish responses go, isn't there a little bit of that in every "serious" thread? Besides, what was the first thing I said in my post. He should change his throwing motion because his current one won't help him in the long run. Other than that, there is no improving with this guy. That was a serious point I made.

#45 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

As far as childish responses go, isn't there a little bit of that in every "serious" thread? Besides, what was the first thing I said in my post. He should change his throwing motion because his current one won't help him in the long run. Other than that, there is no improving with this guy. That was a serious point I made.

I just don't like the wishing us to lose every game then hoping for no season, there are a few other threads for that.

That's all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com