118 replies to this topic

#1 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

MOBILE, Ala. – The Panthers have begun the vetting process on Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley, his high school coach said Tuesday.
Williamson coach Bobby Parrish said Panthers college scout Jeff Beathard called him recently to ask background questions about Fairley. Parrish said other teams, including Oakland, have sent him questionnaires about Fairley, but the Panthers are the first team to call.

It's a procedural move by the Panthers, and one they likely have done with other top-rated prospects, as well. But it suggests the team is serious about taking the junior with the top pick in the April draft.

“I get the impression that they really like what they see,” Parrish said. “You never know because you don't know what their needs are. But they definitely think he's a good ballplayer.”

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

They will probably get a start on the rest of the guys they will look at in a coming weeks.

#2 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

Word.

#3 Laetitia

Laetitia

I serve only Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

(By Joseph Person, jperson@charlotteobserver.com) The Panthers have begun the vetting process on Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley, his high school coach said Tuesday.p/Williamson coach Bobby Parrish said Panthers college scout Jeff Beathard called him recently to ask background questions about Fairley. Parrish said other teams, including Oakland, have sent him questionnaires about Fairley, but the Panthers are the first team to call.

More...

#4 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

Smart move.

#5 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:51 AM

I fully expect this guy to be our pick as long as nothing comes up as far as character or in the pre-draft process.

#6 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

I fully expect this guy to be our pick unless something unexpected comes up in the pre-draft process.

#7 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

MOBILE, Ala. – The Panthers have begun the vetting process on Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley, his high school coach said Tuesday.
Williamson coach Bobby Parrish said Panthers college scout Jeff Beathard called him recently to ask background questions about Fairley. Parrish said other teams, including Oakland, have sent him questionnaires about Fairley, but the Panthers are the first team to call.

It's a procedural move by the Panthers, and one they likely have done with other top-rated prospects, as well. But it suggests the team is serious about taking the junior with the top pick in the April draft.

“I get the impression that they really like what they see,” Parrish said. “You never know because you don't know what their needs are. But they definitely think he's a good ballplayer

what a dumbass quote. I sure the Panthers are going to do checks on quite a few players. At this time they have to prepare to pick ANYWHERE in the first round.

#8 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,637 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz...

Hope he can line up over center on both sides of the ball then lulz.

#9 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

We have a clear need at DT, and he is the best DT available in the draft. Not a sexy pick, but the moment Luck decided not to declare, we lost our chance of being sexy. I would still like to think that AJ Green is a possiblitly, but he looks like he lacks the bulk needed to get off the line at the pro level, he might be a project.

#10 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

I fully expect this guy to be our pick unless something unexpected comes up in the pre-draft process.

Yup, the big play ability is there. The only things that could possibly stand in the way of Fairley being the number one overall pick to us are:

-Charactrer/background doesn't check out well

-Bad combine workout and/or interview

-Some sort of injury between now and the draft

Outside of those 3 scenarios, Fairley's already a Panther.

#11 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,289 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

haha. his name is Beathard.

#12 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,400 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

I'm stuck between Green and Fairley, Dareus wouldn't bother me a bit if we did have an opportunity to move down a few spots.

#13 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

I can't wait for the combine. If he does well there and his character checks out (assuming no injuries) he won't make it to the Broncos.

#14 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Perfect. We'll have the best defense in the league. No one will score more than 10 points on us!

Too bad we'll only score 3.

#15 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

I'm stuck between Green and Fairley, Dareus wouldn't bother me a bit if we did have an opportunity to move down a few spots.

LaFell and Gettis vs. Hayden and Landri--which situation would be the most benefited by the drafting of Green or Fairley?
Since we only can draft one of those two, I don't think Green could provide the biggest upgrade to the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.