• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Joan Jett

Joan Jett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

Been watching some of the senior bowl practice and this guy is impressing the hell out of me, he is compared to Deshaun Jackson.. this guys speed is amazing and reminds me of a Jackson/Mike Wallace.. not sure which round he is projected at but if we could snag him that would be great. Not much info on him yet but I expect a hell of a combine/senior bowl

Not much videos or highlights on him thats really the only decent one.

EDIT: http://walterfootbal...draft2011WR.php
Projected 1-2 rounded 3rd best WR in draft.

Edited by Pantherzfan, 25 January 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#2 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

This guy is a beast.he will not make it out of the 2nd round.

#3 lazydba

lazydba

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

This guy is a beast.he will not make it out of the 2nd round.

Who needs him. Marty got us armanti edwards. :D:D:D

#4 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

He is a monster. His teammate Austin Pettis is pretty beast too. Pettis might be a guy we can snag in the 3rd or 4th (not sure his ranking now).

Edited by TylerVagyler, 25 January 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#5 Joan Jett

Joan Jett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

Yeah this made me even more pissed about Hurney trading away our second.. hopefully we can trade up into the second and snag him.

#6 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,001 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

Mayock and Davis couldn't stop talking about him yesterday, he was really impressive. Great speed, catches away from the body, made nice adjustments to the ball in air.

Just not sure we go WR if we don't go Green in the first.

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

pretty impressive.

good highlights start a couple minutes into it.

#8 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

man i love his ability to cut at full speed....he barely slows down at all

#9 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

Nice!

#10 Joan Jett

Joan Jett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

man i love his ability to cut at full speed....he barely slows down at all

Exactly, this guy is a big steal and means no need for AJ green, we need to try and trade the first pick take another need in the first round and take Titus in the second. Got a really good feeling about this guy.

#11 Joan Jett

Joan Jett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

Update, projected 1-2 rounder, 3rd best WR in the draft, comparisons to a hybrid of Wallace/Jackson as I pointed out with my own perception. Also talks of NE taking him with their second pick which was ours, i'd be so pissed..

http://walterfootbal...draft2011WR.php

#12 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

Exactly, this guy is a big steal and means no need for AJ green, we need to try and trade the first pick take another need in the first round and take Titus in the second. Got a really good feeling about this guy.

There isn't an NFL team out there right now that doesn't need a guy like AJ Green, no matter what receivers they have on the roster.

AJ Green is basically a younger, taller version of T.O. minus the drama. He's a "natural" receiver. When I watch his highlights and I see his lanky ass standing above everyone else, the way he runs and picks it up out of the air, he looks just like freaking T.O.

This kid looks good too, and I'd certainly take him too if I could, but in addition to AJ.

If the world was perfect, I'd take both of them, and keep what we got and I would make some crazy changes. I'd let AJ and this kid play wideout, substitute LaFell and Gettis at the slot position so they can learn how to run good routes, and take Smith and make him play TE. Boom...you fix all the WR positions and TE!

Smith has practically already played TE for half his career for us with most of his passes being short and his gains coming by way of YAC. Then when you needed too you could just switch to 5-wide ON THE FLY even going no huddle if we could find a QB that can actually do that....imagine the onslaught. Heck, even Jimmy might find a target with that formation!

We would be beast.

PS: Not to mention with Clausen liking to check down and Smith always wanting the ball and bitching about how Clausen didn't give it to him(rightly so btw!)...it would solve that problem too.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 25 January 2011 - 02:10 PM.

#13 Joan Jett

Joan Jett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

No way i'd take both i'd rather Fairley + Titus Young rather than Green and some other lower ranked DT or so, just my opinion.. but if some how we got Titus+AJ green and any competent QB our WR corps would have potential to be the best in the NFL. Thats dreaming though.

#14 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

No way i'd take both i'd rather Fairley + Titus Young rather than Green and some other lower ranked DT or so, just my opinion.. but if some how we got Titus+AJ green and any competent QB our WR corps would have potential to be the best in the NFL. Thats dreaming though.

That's what I'm saying. And yes it is a dream. But a pretty one. We'd go from the worst to the envy of the NFL overnight.

A WR corp so elite, we make Smith a tight end! :D

#15 Joan Jett

Joan Jett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

That's what I'm saying. And yes it is a dream. But a pretty one. We'd go from the worst to the envy of the NFL overnight.

A WR corp so elite, we make Smith a tight end! :D

Well actually it would have been very possible if we didn't trade away the second round pick, take Green #1 overall then Titus at the top of the second round, but even if we had our second rounder back I highly doubt they would take back to back WR's, no matter how good they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com