118 replies to this topic

#61 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

I think we have good WR's, We can get a DT or 2 in FA. We will not get a number 1 or number 2 Corner in any other round than the first. That is why IM for getting PP.

#62 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,768 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

with the style of defense we are planning on changing to a CB like PP would be Ideal. I dont think there is a clear cut person that "should" be the #1 pick.

correct on all accounts.

#63 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

with the style of defense we are planning on changing to a CB like PP would be Ideal. I dont think there is a clear cut person that "should" be the #1 pick.

Good for the expected defensive change, but also nice for a division with Brees, Ryan and Freeman.

#64 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

in the moderate amount of college football i watched this season, other than cam newton no player stood out on the field screaming "i am ready for the next level" more than peterson. the guy is ridiculously fast, has great size, and is a real competitor. i would feel very good about making him a panther, whether he was picked at #1 or anywhere else.

#65 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

As much as I like Green, I wouldn't be opposed to taking Peterson, who is the best corner prospect in many years. Fairley isn't worth the 1 pick IMO, i'd rather take Marvin Austin if we can get into the second round somehow.

#66 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

we arent going to sign a 30 yr old CB for 60 mil.

Yes he's 29-30, but that means nothing. Guys at his position stay healthy, and play for a long time. Look at Champ, Woodson, Dawkins (yep a safety, but still), etc. Aso still has speed and can shut down any receiver in the league. This will allow plenty of time for our d-line and linebackers to get to the Qb. He's worth the money if we bring in Fairley. I think we would go to the top in the NFL on defense with these two guys.

#67 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

With hurney and richardsons approach to building through the draft and not going crazy in free agency I just dont think that is going to happen. crazier things have happened tho.

#68 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,498 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Would not depend on finding one later in the draft. We have tried that a couple of times....and failed each time.

yeah, I agree, Fox sucks.. ;)

btw, I'm saying, get one in FA and draft one in the 3rd...

#69 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

PP played all season at 222 lbs..which is huge for a corner, but his father said he is down to 214. Holy frick

#70 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

PP played all season at 222 lbs..which is huge for a corner, but his father said he is down to 214. Holy frick

looking at your posts and sig below you're name i'm guessing you're an LSU fan. I haven't gotten the opportunity to see many Tiger games this year, but when I saw him play I noticed that teams didn't really throw the ball to his side of the field much, kind of like Chris McAllister when he was at Arizona. Do you think he can be a Revis-like CB and just completely shut down opposing 1 Wr's?

#71 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

one major selling point for peterson is his return skills. we still don't have that great returner and while guys we had last year returning showed some promise, peterson would flat blow them away.
of course against the tardheels so compeition wasn't that great
another angle against WVU

#72 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

I honestly think A.J. Green and Patrick Peterson are the 2 best prospects in this years draft. If we cant trade down we should still focus on BPA and Corner is a way bigger need than WR IMO.

#73 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

If we did trade down because we didnt want to spend the #1 pick on Peterson, it shouldnt be but to the 4th pick. here are the possibilities if we did that and the Broncos and Bills didnt trade down or up.(Based On Needs)

1-Cin-A.J. Green................or Da'Quan Bowers
2-Den-Da'Quan Bowers........or Patrick Peterson
3-Buf-Nick Fairley...............or still Nick Fairley
4-Car-Patrick Peterson........or A.J. Green

at #1, Cincy could go Bowers, Peterson(if they lose Joseph to FA), Fairley(BPA/slight Need), or A.J. Green

at #2 Denver could go Bowers(4-3 "D"/Fox likes athletic DE's), Peterson, Fairley

at #3 Buffalo could go Fairley, Peterson, Green(Lee Evans is due Big Bonus and may be cut/traded)

then at #4, we could go Bowers, Fairley, Peterson, or Green. Bowers isnt as big of need as the other 3, but the FO has been known to go with who they think is BPA at the given time.

I think we would be wise to trade down to #4 because the Contract won't be as large as the #1 pick and because the top 4 players are all a need. lets just hope Cincy falls in love with Green or Bowers

Edited by CrimsonTidePanthers, 25 January 2011 - 04:56 PM.

#74 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

looking at your posts and sig below you're name i'm guessing you're an LSU fan. I haven't gotten the opportunity to see many Tiger games this year, but when I saw him play I noticed that teams didn't really throw the ball to his side of the field much, kind of like Chris McAllister when he was at Arizona. Do you think he can be a Revis-like CB and just completely shut down opposing 1 Wr's?

I am actually sitting in class now at LSU and I have been to almost every game PP has played in since hes been here. We all know how talented he is, and his freakish athleticism. In highschool and NFL scout said he was the best athlete he had every seen at such a young age. The only negatives I can find on him is that he tends to cramp alot due to a low body fat level and gases out early in games from playing special teams. Also, some scouts say he takes too many risks...but these are all things that can be fixed through coaching. The proof is there though, last year in Georgia he shut down AJ Green for the entire game. He has shut down Julio Jones multiple times. The only TD julio had against LSU was once this year and once last year in bama, when PP was out due to cramps. Fwiw, he might be the only sure pick in the draft. fwiw

#75 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

If we did trade down because we didnt want to spend the #1 pick on Peterson, it shouldnt be but to the 4th pick. here are the possibilities if we did that and the Broncos and Bills didnt trade down or up.(Based On Needs)

1-Cin-A.J. Green................or Da'Quan Bowers
2-Den-Da'Quan Bowers........or Patrick Peterson
3-Buf-Nick Fairley...............or still Nick Fairley
4-Car-Patrick Peterson........or A.J. Green

if we could trade down to still get those 2 it would be our best draft in history and that is for only one pick..wow!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com