Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurney: QB is Carolina Panthers' 'No. 1 need'

201 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

(By Joseph Person, [email]jperson@charlotteobserver.com[/email]) Panthers general manager Marty Hurney has the same seat every year at Senior Bowl practices, alone in the top row at Ladd-Peebles Stadium.p/Hurney might have the same vantage point, but he is in a different perch this year at the college all-star game - holding the No. 1 pick in the April draft.

[url=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/25/2009472/hurney-qb-is-panthers-no-1-need.html]More...[/url]

Posted · Report post

What not DT? Not WR? Not CB? Im SHOCKED HURNEY!!!!

PLEASE FIND US A SCRUB TO ANNOINT FAST!!!!

Posted · Report post

I am really hoping he means he is going to trade for a Veteran or sign one worth a damn that might hit Free agency, if there is free agency

Posted · Report post

And people who have no clue how to read GM speak will automatically start screaming that we're drafting a QB :lol:

Boy would I love to play Poker with some of the folks on here.

Posted · Report post

You got that right, Jimmy may be ready someday but going into a season with him pegged as the starter would be suicide.

Apparently, the Skins have given McNabb's agent permission to seek a trade... make it happen Hurney.

Posted · Report post

If they can draft a QB that does well in the NFL, I don't care who it is, I'll stand by the pick. They're right, Qb IS the no.1 need. Too bad it's unlikely that any of the candidates can be that guy.

Posted · Report post

it may be true, but capt. obvious says this is a smokescreen.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72']You got that right, Jimmy may be ready someday but going into a season with him pegged as the starter would be suicide.

Apparently, the Skins have given McNabb's agent permission to seek a trade... make it happen Hurney.[/QUOTE]
I believe we'll get a vet (makes the most sense, really) I just don't want any of Andy Reid's former guys. They pretty much always stink once they leave Philly.

I know some will say get McNabb, others want to trade for Kolb. I just can't get behind either one.

Posted · Report post

I think this is a play action fake
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Best thing I've heard so far, cautiously optimistic.

Posted · Report post

i would like to draft a guy to take pike's place on the roster and then bring in a young vet who will actually compete for the full time job. none of this old mentor crap.

Posted · Report post

So the question remains if we don't have free agency until after the draft and a QB is the highest priority, do we hope to get someone in FA, or do we pick a QB in the draft. He didn't say how he would use pick up the quarterback. With Hurney's usual wheeling and dealing it could be we trade our pick for a veteran QB and picks later in the draft or just pick from the available draftees.
Seem much of this rests on Chud and Shula's evaluation of Clausen's potential at this point. But I wouldn't be surprised if Hurney has a few tricks or trades up his sleeve.