Speaking of Young...

pass.

#47 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

it may be true, but capt. obvious says this is a smokescreen.

Not sure I've ever seen our FO ever really throw out a smokescreen. During the Fox era, they just didn't say anything, it wasn't that they tried to mislead you. JR has also said that the organisation is going to be more open with the fans. All things included, I don't see any reason to think that it is a smokescreen. It's not that it says much anyways lol

#48 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Not so sure about that. He's got a rep for being a whiny diva and blaming teammates.

Bottom line for me though: Pretty much every QB that Andy Reid has turned into a star has gone to another team and completely sucked :(

They just don't function as well outside that system, and what we're running won't be anything close to equivalent.

Just say no to Reid QBs :nonod:

Don't really know what you base that on. Reid came onboard in Philly in 1999. From 2000-2009 Donovan McNabb was the starter. The last time McNabb got hurt and missed 6 games they went to the former 49er Jeff Garcia at quarterback. A scrub like AJ Feeley has come and gone but in no way shape or form was he ever a star nor perceived to be. Kevin Kolb is still in Philly so that's irrelevant.
McNabb has been gone from the Eagles for one year and went to a poor Redskin team. In 13 starts he passed for 3400 yards in DC despite Shanahan's shenanigans.
I don't support trying to get a Kolb or McNabb on the Panther roster, but I don't base it on a pereceived Reid former star QB failures. There simply aren't any.
You could say Chud's new offense will require a Phillip Rivers type QB for it to succeed. We aren't getting one of those either.

#49 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

Not sure I've ever seen our FO ever really throw out a smokescreen. During the Fox era, they just didn't say anything, it wasn't that they tried to mislead you. JR has also said that the organisation is going to be more open with the fans. All things included, I don't see any reason to think that it is a smokescreen. It's not that it says much anyways lol

seriously? lol.

#50 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:09 PM

this is getting old fast

I said that last week.

Someone else said it the week before.

Who will say it next week?

Zod will eventually.

#51 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

I honestly think McNabb has enough talent to be more than just a system WCO QB. He was in that system for 11 years and old habits die hard, but I think he could be successful in another system.

#52 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

Don't really know what you base that on. Reid came onboard in Philly in 1999. From 2000-2009 Donovan McNabb was the starter. The last time McNabb got hurt and missed 6 games they went to the former 49er Jeff Garcia at quarterback. A scrub like AJ Feeley has come and gone but in no way shape or form was he ever a star nor perceived to be. Kevin Kolb is still in Philly so that's irrelevant.
McNabb has been gone from the Eagles for one year and went to a poor Redskin team. In 13 starts he passed for 3400 yards in DC despite Shanahan's shenanigans.
I don't support trying to get a Kolb or McNabb on the Panther roster, but I don't base it on a pereceived Reid former star QB failures. There simply aren't any.
You could say Chud's new offense will require a Phillip Rivers type QB for it to succeed. We aren't getting one of those either.

it's basically because those QBs are system QBs whose talent really didn't translate to other systems.

reid has a very QB friendly WCO. you don't find that very often at all. WCO QBs tend to stick in WCO offenses for a reason. they aren't very successful anywhere else.

#53 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,832 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

Donovan McNabb - traded to Redskins in 2010, became one of the worst QBs in the league

Koy Detmer - McNabb's backup for a few years, started a few games; Eagles dropped him and a Brad Childress coached Vikes team picked him up...for four days

A J Feeley - third string behind McNabb and Detmer till what appeared to be a breakout season in 2002; traded to Dolphins for a 2nd round pick in what proved to be a sucker deal

Jeff Garcia - the only guy to leave a Reid system and not suck, because he went to a similar system under Jon Gruden in Tampa; played for two non-WCO teams before and was awful

This is why you don't take West Coast QBs and put them in other systems.

#54 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

it's basically because those QBs are system QBs whose talent really didn't translate to other systems.

reid has a very QB friendly WCO. you don't find that very often at all. WCO QBs tend to stick in WCO offenses for a reason. they aren't very successful anywhere else.

Which QBs?

I understand your opinion, but Reid is not the inventor of the WCO of course. I'm quite certain that Joe Montanna, Steve young or a 30 year old McNabb would flourish in most any offense. Or go back to Reid in Green Bay where he was Favre's QB coach. Brett Favre is 2 years removed form his greatest career numbers season ever playing for Minnesota.
Talent is talent, you either have it or dont.

#55 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

minny is a WCO and it is incredibly difficult to find WCO QBs who can play in other systems well. none of the reids has been able to do it and they likely won't.

i'll also pretend i didn't just see mcnabb put on the same level as montana or steve young. i will say that lot of their success and stats were a result of them playing in that system and had they played in, say air coryell, they wouldn't have had near the success. it's a system that makes it easy for the QBs to put up big numbers.

#56 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

Donovan McNabb - traded to Redskins in 2010, became one of the worst QBs in the league

13 games, 58.3% completion percentag. 3377 yards passing, 14/15 TD/INT ratio, 77 rating but one of the worst QBs in the league. Riiiiigggghhhhtttt.

Koy Detmer - McNabb's backup for a few years, started a few games; Eagles dropped him and a Brad Childress coached Vikes team picked him up...for four days

Detmer started 8 games in 7 years as a bench jockey for the Iggles for a reason. He was below average at best.

A J Feeley - third string behind McNabb and Detmer till what appeared to be a breakout season in 2002; traded to Dolphins for a 2nd round pick in what proved to be a sucker deal

A 2nd year player who started 5 games while in Philly. Of course Reid sent him packing when the Dolphins were dumb enough to send a 2nd for the former 5th round backup. In 2006 when McNabb got hurt and Detmer was on the Philly roster again Reid opted to go with Garcia instead. He knew how bad Feeley was.

Jeff Garcia - the only guy to leave a Reid system and not suck, because he went to a similar system under Jon Gruden in Tampa; played for two non-WCO teams before and was awful

After winning the Grey Cup Garcia was a 49er/Steve Mariucci/WCO guy. He only started 6 games for Reid that one year in Philly. Wouldn't really stamp Garcia as a "Reid QB".

This is why you don't take West Coast QBs and put them in other systems.

Again, aside from Garcia who actually had some talent you're talking about career backup scrubs.

Edited by Kevin Greene, 25 January 2011 - 11:53 PM.

#57 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,832 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

13 games, 58.3% completion percentag. 3377 yards passing, 14/15 TD/INT ratio, 77 rating but one of the worst QBs in the league. Riiiiigggghhhhtttt.

For the season...

- a worse completion percentage than Alex Smith, Chad Henne and Shaun Hill
- fewer TDs than Jon Kitna, Chad Henne and Kerry Collins
- more interceptions than Derek Anderson, Alex Smith and even Jimmy Clausen (plus ten fumbles)
- sacked more frequently than all but three QBs in the league
- the 24th ranked passer rating, beaten by guys like Hill and Smith
- and a record of 5-8 as a starter

This is not a guy I want to have to make any significant investment in, especially knowing we're not playing in a system that favors him.

I have no interest in Kolb either. Taking one of Reid's guys away from his system and expecting the same result is digging for fool's gold.

#58 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,692 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

What I don't understand is, if WCO offense allow a QB to put up MASSIVE NUMBERS (and apparently with "bad" QB's like McNabb who will suck in any other system), why in the world isn't EVERY team in the league using this offense???

#59 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

i would like to draft a guy to take pike's place on the roster and then bring in a young vet who will actually compete for the full time job. none of this old mentor crap.

I agree...I don't think Pike makes the team

#60 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:32 AM

What not DT? Not WR? Not CB? Im SHOCKED HURNEY!!!!

PLEASE FIND US A SCRUB TO ANNOINT FAST!!!!

yep no doubt with there history they will pick that bust scub cam newton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.