Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One thing i think A.J. Green fans don't realize

68 posts in this topic

Posted

We don't have a tight end...

We literally have been playing for 8 years without a pass catching tight end.

So I think our minds have been warped into forgetting that tight ends catch passes.

We have two promising sophomores and smitty. The team wants to "build through the draft" so it makes sense to let them continue to grow. They put up with terrible QB play and they didn't do too bad. Seems like a big diss to them as well.

Rivera seems to want a tight end. Because John Fox had nothing to do with tight ends that is now a glaring need. Doesn't matter how much you think they were under utilized.

Rivera seems to also like #11 and #12 as he called them.

I think the offense would be more balanced having a legit TE rather than a logjam at WR.

I'm not saying A.J. Green isn't worth the #1 or other things like that. But it seems like people are forgetting the offense requires tight ends now.

1 person likes this

Posted

so is it only aj green fans that don't know this?

Posted

only this fanbase would call having better than average talent at WR a "logjam"

what the hell do you call our RB situation then

1 person likes this

Posted

+Rep, +Pie

Absolutely

Posted

So we should draft a TE no. 1 overall.

1 person likes this

Posted

OMGZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, you AJ GREEN fans are BOTTLENECKING the john fox SYSTEM!!11111111!

this thread is pointless unless you were going to say we take a TE at #1..

if that was the case, we need to have a much tougher discussion on what is sanity and what that looks like...

Posted

So we should draft a TE no. 1 overall.

obviously!

also we don't have a logjam at WR just because we drafted 3 of them last draft. We have one aging vet, 2 guys who had okay seasons (good seasons for rookies), and 1 guy who has barely played a single snap.

that is not what I call a logjam... though it is a large amount of young talent, which is why I think if we go for WR, it may not be through the draft.

Posted

OMGZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, you AJ GREEN fans are BOTTLENECKING the john fox SYSTEM!!11111111!

this thread is pointless unless you were going to say we take a TE at #1..

if that was the case, we need to have a much tougher discussion on what is sanity and what that looks like...

I think it was more...

"Top needs = Pass catcher, QB, DT, CB, OG, etc.

TE would help our passing game more than a WR.

Therefore, why spend the #1 on a WR when we can get a TE with a later pick and use the #1 pick to draft a top QB, DT, CB, OG, etc"

Get it? :eek:

Posted

Disagree, we have 2 pass catching TE's, we just haven't used them.

Posted

They aren't taking AJ. Steve has a big pay check. They just burned 3 picks at reciever, and they have the connections to bring in V jacks if they wanted to for a similar contract to what Green will demand. The pick will be defense imo. I think its still early and one of the ends will emerge.

Posted

close thread, ban the op

Posted

Disagree, we have 1 pass catching TE who can do nothing else and has suspect hands, and one guy we haven't used at all.

*Fixed