Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edwards or Clausen: Who has better chance?

Was OJ Simpson's murder trial a trial of all black men in America   20 votes

1. 1. Was OJ Simpson's murder trial a trial of all black men in America

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Man, I have had my fill of Jimmy-sucks threads, and even more so the Edwards-is-a-bust threads, so I decided to provide a different angle.If you were a betting fan, which one would you say has the best chance of actually succeeding at his position in the NFL.

I know why Clausen haters hate Pickles, but I am of the mind that he wasn't put in the best situation to succeed and, thus, should get another opportunity to actually prove that he can be an NFL QB. As for Edwards, it seems to me that it is kind of premature to be calling him a bust and convicting the FO for making a seemingly dumb move (particularly in retrospect), because he really hasn't been on the field for any appreciable amount of time. In other words, we don't know what he can do.

I know people seem to forget (and it may seem like a joke), but Clausen has been groomed since childhood to be a pro QB and made great strides his sophomore year at Notre Dame, and Edwards is extremely athletic, and had an outstanding collegiate career (albeit Division I), including helping to take down Michigan. It may be optimistic in light of the past season, but I still have a wait and see attitude on both. I am just wondering what the Huddle thinks about who has the better opportunity to be a success in the pros. Put the hate on the back burner for a moment, and consider the answer.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jimmy b/c he still gets to play his position. People hate the AE move cuz now its the 33rd pick, say if it were the 53rd, that wouldnt be as bad.

Posted

Tie! They'll both be nothing in the NFL.

Posted

How come "Snowball's chance in Hell" isn't a choice?

Posted

Edwards is a QB. It will be interesting to see him compete for the position he played all his career. Moreso, it will be interesting to see someone credible, reputable and respectable evaluate him... I'll live with whatever decision, i just don't want it tainted bias and favoritism....

Posted

Who?

Posted

armanti.

his passer rating was better than clausen's.

Posted

Armanti Edwards?:

predator-new1.jpg

Posted

Edwards was a college QB. It will be interesting to see him compete for the punt returner job.

Fixed.

Posted

Armanti is a Wide Reciever, not a QB. Jimmy is a QB. Alot of teams shuffle QB's around, but they still get their time to shine. Converted Wide Recievers on the other hand, keep the bench warm for the starters.

Posted

neither

Posted

I purposefully left that out as an option.