Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lightsout

So I got called an atheist today

239 posts in this topic

You can't really have faith in nothing... Just sayin'... It is technically impossible... Unless you live in Fantasia...

I think the lowest tier of faith is faith in one's self alone... Even if you don't have a deity, you at least have faith in yourself... else you wouldn't exist...

I have faith that any understanding I have of the divine is at some level a misunderstanding.

I was trying not to generalize.

I'm fine being accountable for my actions. I would just like the eternal life thing to be true.

I'm not sure eternal anything wouldn't be exceptionally boring.

I have faith that any understanding I have of the divine is at some level a misunderstanding.

This is actually a good way of looking at it...

You can't really have faith in nothing... Just sayin'... It is technically impossible... Unless you live in Fantasia...

I think the lowest tier of faith is faith in one's self alone... Even if you don't have a deity, you at least have faith in yourself... else you wouldn't exist...

If you can have faith in existence, then why can't you have faith in inexistance?

For example, most christians have faith in the existence of christ, and also faith in the inexistance of marduk, son of ea, slayer of tiamat.

Maybe because you are being distracted by tits in your face

Maybe because you are being distracted by tits in your face

I believe in boobies. How about we start a religion on that? It's something we could pretty much all stand behind.

If you can have faith in existence, then why can't you have faith in inexistance?

For example, most christians have faith in the existence of christ, and also faith in the inexistance of marduk, son of ea, slayer of tiamat.

faith =/= disbelief though...

Sure, you can be an ardent supporter that there is no existence of Marduk, but that doesn't really mean you have "faith" in that concept...

I believe in boobies. How about we start a religion on that? It's something we could pretty much all stand behind.

Baptism in Boobies... sign me up

cant see them from behind

You have faith that they are there, even if you can't see them. Duh

To me, and I hate the word to begin with, faith means that you are willing to put all of your emotional involvement behind an idea nearly 100%... For instance, if I tell you that there is a hundred dollar bill inside a box, and that nothing else is in that box, you would have to have pretty strong faith that what I am telling you is the truth before you would reach in and grab whatever it was inside the box...

To your dismay, it was a Black Mamba, and I just taught you a lesson about having blind faith in anything...