Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I got called an atheist today

240 posts in this topic

Posted

I've met very few individuals that actually followed the teachings of Christ.

Possibly less than a dozen.

Yeah it's funny to me how many Christians cherry pick which portions of the bible and the teaching of Christ they want to follow to the letter. I wonder if they are the same ones who accuse athiests of cherry picking contemptable verses in the bible.

And seriously, the one friend I have who claims most vehemently to be a Catholic, cheats, steals, drinks, and lies constantly. Not only does he do these things, but brags about them constantly. Then he turns up his nose at me for being an atheist.

Posted

oh so thats how it works?

Well from this day forward I call myself a billionare

*goes to check bank statement*.

I guess because I called myself a billionare that makes me one.:hurray:

Oh i see. You're saying he wasn't really a christian in gods eyes. Well I'm not your christian god so I don't know exactly what makes one a christian all I know is Hilter considered himself a Christian and seemed to believe Jesus was god. My point was that he called himself a christian.

Posted

Yeah it's funny to me how many Christians cherry pick which portions of the bible and the teaching of Christ they want to follow to the letter. I wonder if they are the same ones who accuse athiests of cherry picking contemptable verses in the bible.

And seriously, the one friend I have who claims most vehemently to be a Catholic, cheats, steals, drinks, and lies constantly. Not only does he do these things, but brags about them constantly. Then he turns up his nose at me for being an atheist.

Yeah, there are those kind. And there are the kind that flat out ignore the teachings of Christ and harp on Old Testament teachings.

The Old Testament is a horrifying piece of historical literature. Well, the % that is historical anyway.

Posted

If they actually followed Christ teachings this is what they would look like.

photo%20-%20homeless%20person%20sleep%20on%20street.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

when there's nothing left to say but generalizations, a religious discussion tends to be over.

Lock it down.

;)

Posted

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." (Matthew 7:3–5)

If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell. (Matthew 5:29-30)

Are the teachings figurative or literal? You can't have it both ways. Until you're willing to completely let go of all sin, hatred and forgive and love you need to shut your trap about what someone else is doing.

Posted

well said jase

Posted

Are the teachings figurative or literal? You can't have it both ways. Until you're willing to completely let go of all sin, hatred and forgive and love you need to shut your trap about what someone else is doing.

I have to agree with this...Except for the letting go of Sin part. Sin is a human idea and creation, Just like "God"

Posted

I'm just going by what the Bible says. I in no way endorse any of it.

Posted

when there's nothing left to say but generalizations, a religious discussion tends to be over.

Lock it down.

;)

atheist!

Posted

no u

Posted

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

gotta say i agree with this one, i mean how pooty of a fortune teller do you have to be to not see it coming?

1 person likes this