Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lightsout

So I got called an atheist today

239 posts in this topic

By the way Salt, I appreciate your raising the intellectual bar by posting a philosophical discussion about office flatulence :sosp:

that was the plan :)

hey, i get most of my understanding of world politics from COD.

Also don't confuse exercise with work. :P

I know this thread was dying...sorry :)

tumblr_le7psfAMSU1qdl02lo1_500.jpg

2 people like this

Just had an interesting conversation with an NC State student. Their campus ministry is called Campus Crusade. I explained I wouldn't be flaunting that, considering it was a huge genocide. This person went on to say "no, they were just trying to convert people to Christianity to save them! Nobody died." I asked how long this person had been a Christian, they replied "All my life. Been in church every Sunday and Wednesday my whole life."

I was flabbergasted (probably a bit of an understatement, but I just wanted to use the word).

the crusades were a little too complicated to be defined as only mass genocide by the catholics. thats almost as ignorant as saying nobody died.

I hear Billy Graham swings a cool looking sword.

the crusades were a little too complicated to be defined as only mass genocide by the catholics. thats almost as ignorant as saying nobody died.

True, but from all I have learned from it, it was an offensive attack by the Pope and, at the time, there was peace between the Muslims and Christians, its just that the Muslims had the land that the Christians wanted.

thats not very accurate

Care to elaborate (I started a section on Islamic history in one of my classes today, and we started on the Crusades right at the end, I'm just going off previous knowledge)?

True, but from all I have learned from it, it was an counter-offensive attack by the Pope and, at the time, there was peace between the Muslims and some Christians, its just that the Muslims had captured land with intent to spead further.

Fixed