Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lightsout

So I got called an atheist today

no, that's not right at all actually.

belief in god requires a leap of faith. this is the belief in something that's unprovable. blind faith is when you have an unquestioning/nondiscriminatory devotion to someone/something.

i mean, are you seriously going to sit there and say that faith is the belief in something provable?

when did I ever say that?

:rolleyes:

do you honestly believe that the vast majority of americans are unaware of christianity to the point that you have to confront them about it if you see them "living their life wrong"? and do you believe it's an atheist's place to walk directly up to you and tell you that you're wasting your life by dedicating it to some invisible being in the sky? what's the difference between you believing that someone is risking eternal damnation and confronting them about it and atheists believing that you're wasting your one and only life and confronting you about it?

Swing and a miss. Strike two :nonod:

Hidden

do you honestly believe that the vast majority of americans are unaware of christianity to the point that you have to confront them about it if you see them "living their life wrong"? and do you believe it's an atheist's place to walk directly up to you and tell you that you're wasting your life by dedicating it to some invisible being in the sky? what's the difference between you believing that someone is risking eternal damnation and confronting them about it and atheists believing that you're wasting your one and only life and confronting you about it?

Well in one belief system the followers are called to do it for the sake of others by a higher power in the other they're just doing it for the hell of it(no pun intended).

faith is based on lack of knowledge/proof

according to you it is and you're allowed to have that opinion.

oh, please enlighten me as to what you were implying here, and be sure to use plenty more eye-rolling smiley faces when you do it.

Swing and a miss. Strike two :nonod:

wouldn't want you to actually answer any questions. got any more irrelevant "allegories" for us?

oh, please enlighten me as to what you were implying here, and be sure to use plenty more eye-rolling smiley faces when you do it.

I think it was clear.. I was trying to get across to you faith and blind faith..the bible undeniably encourages faith and at times blind faith..

really not seeing what you're going on about?

you called it opinion to say that faith is based on the belief in something you can't prove. that's what i'm "going on about".

you literally cannot prove that god exists. this might come as a shock to you people, but some people really, really don't care to hear about things you can't prove, and it's really, really insulting to hear that you're "living your life wrong" based on something you cannot prove.

Your answer misses the point of the discussion just as completely as Cantrell's did.

Sheesh. Does nobody on here know how to think allegorically? :nonod:

The question at the heart of the allegory was this: If I believe your life or your eternal state is in danger, should I make some effort to tell you about it or just leave you to your fate without caring?

I addressed that in an earlier post.

the real question is

is that stuff you're talking about actually in the book?

Um yeah.

you literally cannot prove that god exists. this might come as a shock to you people, but some people really, really don't care to hear about things you can't prove, and it's really, really insulting to hear that you're "living your life wrong" based on something you cannot prove.

Sure is... I hate those kinds of people. But I also feel the same way when I mind my own business and people tell me my beliefs are wrong for the same reason.

It goes both ways...like Lindsey Lohan

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Dilly Dilly