Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana Jones 4

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Old news I know, butt I finally saw this movie last night and wow. WHAT A PIECE OF poo! Aliens, c'mon, did Lucas/Spielberg really go with Aliens, in a fuging IJ movie???

Posted

Yes they did

FTL

Posted

Could not agree more. One of the worst fuging movies i've ever seen.

Posted

How can a bunch of super intelligent crystal aliens get one of their heads stolen by a conquistador?????

Posted

Ya, because a golden box melting you is so much more believable. Come on guys, they are 30s era serials. Aliens are part of the territory.

Posted

You did know that you were watching an Indiana Jones film before you put in in the player didnt you? The same Indiana Jones that has seen hoodoo men pull the beating hearts out of men before he lowered them (still screaming) into a pit of lava. Who saw spirits issue forth from the Ark of the Covenant to destroy only those souls that were looking at it. And the guy who saw a man melted because he drank water from a gold goblet. You have seen the other movies in the series haven't you?

And BTW

That so called piece of poo made somewhere in the neighborhood of 780 million dollars on a 150 million dollar investment. Guess all of the rest of the world doesn't know a good movie from a bad one...

Posted

While it's a pretty bad movie, in some ways it is better than the second installment. Spielbergs wife was so annoying in that movie, and the plane crash/liferaft sequence was just as hokey as the boat/waterfall one in IV.

I really enjoyed the killer ant sequence and thought that Ford did a good job with the story and lines he'd been given. Nice to see Marion back as well.

Posted

You did know that you were watching an Indiana Jones film before you put in in the player didnt you? The same Indiana Jones that has seen hoodoo men pull the beating hearts out of men before he lowered them (still screaming) into a pit of lava. Who saw spirits issue forth from the Ark of the Covenant to destroy only those souls that were looking at it. And the guy who saw a man melted because he drank water from a gold goblet. You have seen the other movies in the series haven't you?

And BTW

That so called piece of sh*t made somewhere in the neighborhood of 780 million dollars on a 150 million dollar investment. Guess all of the rest of the world doesn't know a good movie from a bad one...

I <3 u.

Posted

I enjoyed it. Of course, I don't put overly high expectations for a fuging movie. :lol:

Posted

it wasn't the worst film ever. Though far fetched, it at least told a story, had the good ole Indiana Jones humor. That's much more than can be said for Babylon AD. Worst movie with so much potiential that fell right on its ass. Though not as bad as Space Jam. See, there are worse movies =)

I don't have high expectations for movies now-a-days. I figure most of them will dazzle visually, but lack enough meat to be interesting.

Posted

It was better than Temple of Doom. What get's me about the movie is, Ford turned down 2 or 3 other scripts, how bad were those?

Posted

It was an entertaining movie. Thats really all I expect out of a movie.

As far as unrealistic, well its friggin Indiana Jones. Its not suppose to be realistic.

I hate to break it to you guys, but Batman is not real either. And there are no Jedi Knights. :)