Photo
- - - - -

clausen still part of "long term plan"...wait what?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
111 replies to this topic

#106 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

Jimmy got 10 starts. Played in 13 games. He had a good defense. Good ST. Good run game. Some pretty decent options at WR.

How was he not given a chance? Fox is pretty consistant in what he does......so lameduck or not Fox was Fox. People continously claim he wasn't given a chance. He was.....he probably wasn't ready for the chance but the kid was definately given a fair shot to show what he's got. Doesn't mean he had to be consistant but he was given a fair shot......

in fact, you could probably argue based on his play and the lack of options with Moore going down that he got more of a shot than he probably deserved as the season went on.

#107 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

Jimmy got 10 starts. Played in 13 games. He had a good defense. Good ST. Good run game. Some pretty decent options at WR.

How was he not given a chance? Fox is pretty consistant in what he does......so lameduck or not Fox was Fox. People continously claim he wasn't given a chance. He was.....he probably wasn't ready for the chance but the kid was definately given a fair shot to show what he's got. Doesn't mean he had to be consistant but he was given a fair shot......

in fact, you could probably argue based on his play and the lack of options with Moore going down that he got more of a shot than he probably deserved as the season went on.

you let a rookie learn how to play QB for a couple years at the NFL level, and then it's considered a fair shot..

was he given a shot this year? yes.. but this year is hardly a determining factor, therefore making a judgement on him wouldn't be fair..

#108 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

gradkowski's good for getting the ball out quickly and he does have an adequate arm, but his game needs help in a lot of other areas

#109 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

TROLLOLOL

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

Funny how there have been plenty of posts about Moore in this thread and suggesting he could be back but no attacks yet...

Oh well.

As for Rayzor's suggestions, I like a few of them but not sure how many of them will be available. I doubt Wash doesn't try to resign Grossman considering the way he finished the year and especially if they cut McNabb.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out but there are certain things that lead me to believe it'll be Moore/FA/Clausen with Pike maybe on the PS, if we don't pick up another QB late in this draft.

#110 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

you let a rookie learn how to play QB for a couple years at the NFL level, and then it's considered a fair shot..

was he given a shot this year? yes.. but this year is hardly a determining factor, therefore making a judgement on him wouldn't be fair..

not in today's NFL. (not saying I agree w/ that but in today's NFL when your number is called that generally is your shot).

Now, I think Jimmy was done wrong being put in......but he was given a fair show to show something. He was played longer than probably any rookie who played that poorly would have gotten.

#111 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Bring back Matt Moore!

#112 CarolinaKat

CarolinaKat

Football Jesus

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER