Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Mayock talks about Fairley

28 posts in this topic

He's not a pile pusher, he's a 3 tech gap penetrator.

It's like everyone dogging Kemo for not getting in the backfield, but that wasn't who he is.

Fairley is the guy who slips blocks, beats double teams with speed, technique and does his work on the other side of the LOS. His skill set compares to Sapp, who was much the same coming into the league.

Yeah I get that, I'm just making the fair assessment of who he is. I'm surprised that Mayock thinks he can play all those positions though, because of this. Is he saying he can play 34 NT? Is that just a slight slip of tongue?

From the Red Zone (link)

If he's right (and Mayock is someone I generally trust) then we'd have flexibility as far as what technique to play him in.

I am starting to think he needs to be the pick

peed and quickness are two of the things in the NFL that can't be taught or improved upon. The only other thing is heart.

when i say put in check, i mean nullify.

some can make it work at the next level, some can't.

people compare fairley to guys like sapp and (for some godforsaken reason) suh...he may be as quick, but he isn't as strong as either.

he's going to need both at the nfl level.

Yeah I get that, I'm just making the fair assessment of who he is. I'm surprised that Mayock thinks he can play all those positions though, because of this. Is he saying he can play 34 NT? Is that just a slight slip of tongue?

I doubt it's a slip of the tongue as he's been saying it all week.

I just got really sad about andrew luck

when i say put in check, i mean nullify.

some can make it work at the next level, some can't.

people compare fairley to guys like sapp and (for some godforsaken reason) suh... he may be as quick, but he isn't as strong as either.

he's going to need both at the nfl level.

You're basing this on what? Some secret lockerroom footage? Combine hasn't occurred yet.

He absolutely man handled some OL at the point of attack with brute strength. Does that make him Suh? Of course not, but he has a chance to be every bit as good.

Suh is a freak, but you don't have to be a freak to be worthy of the first pick. I like Sedrick Ellis who has solidified the Saints front four.

I'd be happy with Fairley first or Dareus around 4-6 IF that could happen. My observations on Dareus are strictly academic, but I've had the chance to watch Fairley and he just dominates.

I respect Mike Mayock's opinion, but I'd much rather have Green.

You know, I'm intrigued by Green and do agree that he's an instant upgrade and playmaker. We have good depth at WR, especially with Smith still here. DT however needs to be completely rebuilt and Fairley is a guy who would be an integral step in doing so.

2 people like this

Which is why teams everywhere do not hire guys like you to be GM's. Oh wait...Detroit did for awhile, Matt Millen.

Which is why teams everywhere do not hire guys like you to be GM's. Oh wait...Detroit did for awhile, Matt Millen.

Guys like me? We don't know one another, and thank god for that.

because that is the only reason detroit sucked.

I really do hope we get Fairley, we will have the best defense in this division. With all of the Offensive talent in the NFC South.