Photo
- - - - -

Why we should NEVER want our players to go to the pro-bowl:

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:25 AM

@ bleys, i see where you are coming from and i agree to an extent. i just don't like the probowl anyways.

this is just another reason to not like it.

you got to admit that gatherings like this cause agents mouths to drool and the only way that they are going to get more business is to try and get players to let him change their situation. if they are happy then the agents will try and create a need telling them that they deserve more and he can get them more. the last thing any agent wants is to have all of their clients content. you don't get paid if your clients are happy and in a long term situation.

#12 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:28 AM

That's because Brandt used to work in the Packers FO. Of course he didn't want his players going to the Pro Bowl... not only because of the agents but also because his players probably had clauses in their contracts requiring more money should they be elected to the Bowl

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

I don't really have a problem with the Pro Bowl being a "recruiting" fair. It realistically only applies to guys who are set to be free agents, and our guys "recruit" too.

As to the Panthers and Rosenhorsesass, I've always thought the reason why we haven't been in the news about some major blowup with him is that Marty Hurney isn't a colossal ego like Bill Polian, A J Smith or some other GMs.

A lot of these guys turn it into a pissing contest because they want to show they're "the man" by besting Rosenhaus. Hurney, on the other hand, just sits down and talks numbers like a reasonable person. No ego, no issue.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

That's because Brandt used to work in the Packers FO. Of course he didn't want his players going to the Pro Bowl... not only because of the agents but also because his players probably had clauses in their contracts requiring more money should they be elected to the Bowl

thats true and i think a lot of players will use that election as a bargaining chip in future negotiations even if it wasn't part of the original contract.

i'm not crazy about that part of it either.

to a large extent, the VP/GM's contract problems are our problems as fans. both want to keep the players here that are good for the team. both don't like it when the players start flirting with the idea of getting traded and both really don't like it when a trade is demanded.