• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaPantherSinceDay1

CarolinaPantherSinceDay1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

Who wouldn't mind coming in to help develop the younger guys? Who would spark enuff competition for a start but at the same time know this is probably his last chance to start for an NFL team. Who has worked along Rivera and has a perfect record against carolina? Who would bring the right leadership skills and also has a very good background? Who might this Vet be? Who have the panthers passed up everytime in need of a QB who other teams seem to grab when the time is right? Who when giving a chance all he does is win? Who is this player if signed would come at a reasonable price...low risk/high reward? And finally, who is this person "most" fans wouldn't mind and have the least problems with? - I give you Jeff Garcia. Finally, the FO is listening to their hearts(fans). Make your claim. for the last pitch to get Jeff on board. All supporters sign in below....

#2 tarheelfan23

tarheelfan23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

cam newton?

#3 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

I'm not sure bringing in a vet now would help Clausen. Hes already played, benching him could infact destroy his confidence. Hes no longer a rookie and has no desire to go back to the bench, he wants to be on the field.

#4 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

jeff garcia is much too old and comes from a WCO. he has sucked donkey schlongs when he hasn't played in a WCO and we aren't going to be running that.

i'm oing to have to go with a resounding NOOOOOO on garcia.

not really a fan of the whole leasing an old crappy QB for a year to start, anyways. doesn't really do anything to help out the development of the team or young QBs.

#5 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

I'm not sure bringing in a vet now would help Clausen. Hes already played, benching him could infact destroy his confidence. Hes no longer a rookie and has no desire to go back to the bench, he wants to be on the field.

Incorrect. Yeah he started but sucked, he has no business being in there. If putting him on the bench to learn and develop ruins his confidence, then he is a pussy and wasn't the right guy for the job.

We need a veteran for about 3 years. Lets try to win NOW, not in 3-5 years. Miami went from 1-15 to playoffs in one friggin season. It is able to make a turn around in 1-2 years now. IF clausen becomes a good QB who can step in say 2-3 years from now after sitting like Rogers did in GB so be it. But we need to try and win NOW.

#6 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

jeff garcia is much too old and comes from a WCO. he has sucked donkey schlongs when he hasn't played in a WCO and we aren't going to be running that.

What offense do we use?

#7 PantherProfessor

PantherProfessor

Fingers Crossed

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

Bulger, Volek make sense if they can be had. I dont mind them backing up Jimmy, just being a word of wisdom in practice and on game days. I still say not having a solid vet QB on the roster last year was one of the biggest oversights of the FA. experience brings confidence and stability, something we lacked entirely on this squad.

#8 SPANKY

SPANKY

Smitty hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

Highlandfire is right. If Jimmy can't handle some time on the sideline's learning like almost every other QB, then he's not the man for the job. Carson Palmer would be the best option if Cincy will let him go. My gut tell's me lewis will hold him until his contract is up in a year.

#9 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

Billy Vollek has already has his name thrown around 200 times.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

meh...we don't need to wait around 3 years to try out clausen again or any young QB. we need to get clausen back in there and see if he can pull it off. if he can't then we move to the next potential franchise QB.

i really hate the idea of having your potential franchise QB sit back and wait a few years before you give him a shot. it has the potential to throw your organization back quite a few years if it doesn't work out with the guy you have waiting around.

there have been quite a few rookie QBs who have succeeded early in recent years. if clausen is going to be successful at all, he will next year. as long as i see significant growth we will be in good shape. if we see no growth then we move on.

if we put clausen back on the sidelines and the FO still thinks he's our best option as a starter and then after 3 years we find out he isn't then we have just succeeded in wasting 3 years with some old vet with no future, the year (or two) that it takes for us to figure out that clausen can't cut it, and then we have to go out and find another potential franchise QB to sit around for 3 years while we get another vet to play ahead of him. this plan has fail written all over it. sorry, that plan could very well put this team in the toilet for a decade while we wait for our franchise QB.

or....
we could throw clausen back in there and try to bring in some young competition for him this year and work towards getting them ready to go in if clausen doesn't work out. if we don't like what we see in clausen this year and aren't completely sold on any other options we have in house, then the following year we get someone else and give them a whirl. doing this will get us a whole lot closer to finding our franchise QB and getting him winning games.

#11 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,860 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

well, we all know I think Clausen is a lot cause. HOWEVER....I do think a vet wouldn't absolutely be need if he has a shot.

Why do you think the Jets brought in Brunell year 2 of the Sanchez era? Brunell wasn't going to take the job or be a band aid. It was to show a young and immature kid how to act like a QB. Jimmy definately needs that....I thought Moore needed that still in 2010.

I don't think we need a Brunell as we need more than a mental mentor....we need a guy that could give us a chance probably the next 2 seasons or so.

#12 Bogart

Bogart

Village Idiot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

The only problem is that there isn't a Vet QB out there in FA worth picking up to be either competition or a mentor. As a matter of fact I don't see one worht trading for.

We need a QB who can do both and fast. We are screwed next season in that respect. If the new QB coach can fix this band of misfits he is a miracle worker.

#13 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

Why do you think the Jets brought in Brunell year 2 of the Sanchez era? Brunell wasn't going to take the job or be a band aid. It was to show a young and immature kid how to act like a QB. Jimmy definately needs that....I thought Moore needed that still in 2010.

I don't think we need a Brunell as we need more than a mental mentor....we need a guy that could give us a chance probably the next 2 seasons or so.

Either that or Brunell lost all of his money and after NO let him go he still needs a paycheck to survive...

#14 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

Yet another washed up veteran to add to the list. woo hoo! Play offs here we come!

#15 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

What offense do we use?

it ins't a WCO. very few teams use that. our offense will look an awful lot like the chargers did the past few years and what the browns offense did when chud was the OC there. much more of an air coryell than anything, i'm guessing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.