21 replies to this topic

#16 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Most of the article describes the cruelty of pig farming, the stench associated with it, describes the fat cat of Smithfield farms jetting around in a private jet, desribes the authors experience when he went to a pig farm. About one page out of five discussed lagoon flooding and leaching into groundwater. Are you sure you read it?

Besides, you asked someone for one point of the article that someone had a problem with. I pointed it out. Fact is, industrial waste is nothing new and is not limited to people dying in pig sh*t. I guess I have a problem with the author. I agree lagoons are nasty nasty places, I've been to them. Have you?

I think I have more of a problem with improperly managed industrial waste than I do the author's "agenda."

#17 goodlay

goodlay

Moore than a backup

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

Has anyone seen the new PETA strategy of the "Sea Kitten"? I think that proves how ridiculous PETA is.

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,974 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

Has anyone seen the new PETA strategy of the "Sea Kitten"? I think that proves how ridiculous PETA is.

just because PETA employs a lot of ridiculous strategies doesn't mean they don't occasionally make good points.

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

anything like bonzai kitten?

#20 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,676 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

just because PETA employs a lot of ridiculous strategies doesn't mean they don't occasionally make good points.

totally agree with you there. their hearts are in the right place, but man do they have some immature weirdo publicists.

#21 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:38 AM

totally agree with you there. their hearts are in the right place, but man do they have some immature weirdo publicists.

Put it this way, with the way the world is today. The way people react to this stuff. No one would really Give a damn about peta and it's Agenda if they didn't resort to Extreme methods to make their point. Because of there methods people know of problems they wouldn't have known about otherwise.

#22 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

Were their hearts in the right place when they were killing animals that were supposed to be going to their "No kill" shelters, then dumping them in the piggly wiggly dumpster?

http://www.liveleak....=c15_1200416787

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com