Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawk

Yo, Golfers

63 posts in this topic

you guys hitting steel shafts or graphite? I'll assume the driver is graphite, how about your irons?

I'm playing my brother in laws 20 year old hand me down set of Northwesterns.

Well, the 2 or 3 times a year I get to play.

Glad I could help!

you guys hitting steel shafts or graphite? I'll assume the driver is graphite, how about your irons?

steel all the way. I have a fast swing and the graphite tends to lag behind on my down swing.

I suck, so I have to use steel. I had a set of graphite irons, and I was terribly inaccurate.

Hey, IDEA ALERT....we should do a Huddle golf tournament. If we get enough, we should do captain's choice...maybe make it same weekend as a training camp visit?

That'd be sick...last time I was out there for Mini camp I got to play some nice courses and I'd love to do it again.

I play steel shafts as well.

Do not use graphite shafts. It takes so much off of your distance and control if you have even the smallest bit of muscle. If you get into the rough, it's like swinging a spaghetti noodle through feces. In other words, it doesn't work well.

The general rule of thumb is this- swing speed is only one factor in considering graphite or steel shafts.

I am 6'6" and have 1" added to my club lengths. But that extra length also generates more momentum thru the ball.

A graphite shaft may give you more distance but a steel shaft will give you better accuracy. I'll take the accurate all day over a few yards.

I'm a +15 and I'll play anywhere, anytime if I can work it into my schedule. And, FWIW, my wife is the GM/COO of a private country club and I would be happy to host anyone for a round & cocktails... about 45-60 minutes out of Greensboro....

1 person likes this

Steel irons, graphite hybrids and woods.

You only want to use graphite irons if you are retirement age(or younger but a pussy) and consistently hit the ball straight(in the fairway)

steel it is!!!!

1 person likes this

Meh... never cared for pings myself... but it's mostly because I don't like the offset shaft.