Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodeo

Most Respected World Leader

87 posts in this topic

How much does the President get paid?

So if the CEO's get the same salary as the president, do they also get all the other perks of being president? A couple of jumbo jets to ride around on, hundreds of flunkies to do their bidding, along with secret service protection for the rest of their lives? :)

So if the CEO's get the same salary as the president, do they also get all the other perks of being president? A couple of jumbo jets to ride around on, hundreds of flunkies to do their bidding, along with secret service protection for the rest of their lives? :)

I'd be totally happy for all the CEO's to make 400,000 a year and get all the perks that (for all intents and purposes) they already get. That'd be a damn sight better than say 80 mill plus the perks.

Obama flew Air Force One down to Williamsburg, VA last week. I guess the Hummer was in for repairs.

I'd be totally happy for all the CEO's to make 400,000 a year and get all the perks that (for all intents and purposes) they already get. That'd be a damn sight better than say 80 mill plus the perks.

No CEO gets anywhere close to the perks the president gets. Of course many (but not all) of those perks are a requirement of the job.

Obama flew Air Force One down to Williamsburg, VA last week. I guess the Hummer was in for repairs.

Presidential motorcade from DC to Williamsburg would have made traffic a nightmare all the way down 95/64. Probably would have cost more than it did to fly AF1.

Presidential motorcade from DC to Williamsburg would have made traffic a nightmare all the way down 95/64. Probably would have cost more than it did to fly AF1.

Why not just host the damn thing in Washington, then?

I think the pay caps are a very bad idea. There are stock options to play around with but I see it as the equivalent of bailing out the Detroit Lions and saying they can only pay their head coach $100K. Why kind of talent do you think they'll get with that pay?

Gotta placate the public, and to be honest, the corporate retreats and parties that we have all heard about really piss taxpayers off.

Of course they did it to appease the public, but that doesn't make it less retarded.

Lets give them money to get back on their feet, but bust a kneecap in the process. It just doesn't make sense.

Everyone just needs to come to grips that some of these guys are assholes - assholes that play a major part in the health of our economy.

Of course they did it to appease the public, but that doesn't make it less retarded.

Lets give them money to get back on their feet, but bust a kneecap in the process. It just doesn't make sense.

Everyone just needs to come to grips that some of these guys are assholes - assholes that play a major part in the health of our economy.

Yea? So? They don't get carte blanche to spend taxpayer money however the fug they feel like, then come back and ask for more. If you are shitty enough at your job that you put your multi-billion dollar company in the hands of the feds then no, I don't think you should get your pizza party this year. Sorry, tough poo. You behave like children, you get treated like children.

The armchair Presidenting here is lol-worthy