Photo
- - - - -

Most Respected World Leader

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#76 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:36 PM

natty i think we've proven inconclusively that money doesn't guarantee you get to hire the best people in the financial industry

Well of course, money doesn't guarantee the best people in any industry.

give them a good salary, they deserve it, and they are in the private sector they deserve more than those in the public sector, but bonuses? f*ck that. bonuses for failing? for not only tanking your company, but the economy at large? f*ck that. It has nothing to do with emotion, how can you talk about paying people fair salaries when these companies are laying off tens of thousands of people instead of cutting their management's pay? What good is that doing? The stimulus bill, regardless of how I feel about it was created to infuse the system with money, to provide work and jobs for the people, not to keep the rich in the standard of living that they are used to while the working and middle classes take the hit. I understand that people are going to abuse the system regardless, and greed during flush times is a necessary evil in a capitalistic society, but everyone has to take the hit now, the people, the managers, the unions, everyone.

Trust me, I hear ya. I don't like it any more than the next guy, I just want it to succeed and feel like it was a counterproductive move to make people feel better about it.

#77 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

I guess this pay thing could have the effect of bringing younger, different minded people to the problems at hand, other than that limiting the options of a company trying to survive does seem counter productive.

#78 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,914 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

If you get TARP money or ANY future govt funds, NO big fat bonus.
If you don't want a cap on CEO pay etc, then run a good biz and stay off the radar.

There is a time and place to reward your top performers or entice future talent. But thats when the grass is growing.
Went it aint, sorry, you reap what you sow.

#79 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

No doubt!
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

#80 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

it feels so good to be respected by people i dont know and dont affect my life

#81 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,924 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:48 AM

it feels so good to be respected by people i dont know and dont affect my life

it's easy to take it for granted when people aren't bombing you.

#82 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,007 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:03 AM

If you get TARP money or ANY future govt funds, NO big fat bonus.
If you don't want a cap on CEO pay etc, then run a good biz and stay off the radar.

There is a time and place to reward your top performers or entice future talent. But thats when the grass is growing.
Went it aint, sorry, you reap what you sow.

Not sure if I agree. Its easier to do well in good times, but in bad times is when a company truly needs its top performers.

#83 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:51 AM

:lol: at anyone thinking the executives at banks are "top performers"

#84 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:00 AM

:lol: at anyone thinking the executives at banks are "top performers"

There are top performers in any industry, numb nuts. That's why they're called top performers. But since we get the Gators tonight, I forgive you. :D

#85 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

There are top performers in any industry, numb nuts. That's why they're called top performers. But since we get the Gators tonight, I forgive you. :D

You missed my point brutha. The execs at the banks aren't the top revenue generators, which is how I classify a "top performer"

Execs are bloated talking heads.

#86 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

I love the fact that the most respected world leader has been in office less than 40 days.......hahahahahaahha

#87 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:25 AM

You missed my point brutha. The execs at the banks aren't the top revenue generators, which is how I classify a "top performer"

Execs are bloated talking heads.

It's hard to argue that. But they're still necessary.

All this would be a lot easier if there was a place to point the blame but there's not. It wasn't just the executives, it wasn't just the traders, it wasn't just the sub-prime lenders, it was a combination of everything.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com