Photo
- - - - -

Moore hosts charity lunch for domestic violence shelter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#31 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:33 AM

Moore has as good a chance on starting on the Panthers as any other team, even if we draft someone. After all he beat out our last draft prospect for the job and any rookie coming in is likely going to look just as bad in comparison as Clausen did last year during training camp.

The only way I see his starting chances diminish is if we draft a much better FA and right now, there's not too many I can think that can come in here and be so high above the rest that Moore couldn't compete with for the job.

He'd be in the same or worse situation on any other team as far as starting role goes. I think it would be great for him and Clausen to compete for the job again. Since they both had it last year, it would certainly cause both of them to give it all they got to try to get it and would only make both better, imo.

#32 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

Moore has as good a chance on starting on the Panthers as any other team, even if we draft someone. After all he beat out our last draft prospect for the job and any rookie coming in is likely going to look just as bad in comparison as Clausen did last year during training camp.

The only way I see his starting chances diminish is if we draft a much better FA and right now, there's not too many I can think that can come in here and be so high above the rest that Moore couldn't compete with for the job.

He'd be in the same or worse situation on any other team as far as starting role goes. I think it would be great for him and Clausen to compete for the job again. Since they both had it last year, it would certainly cause both of them to give it all they got to try to get it and would only make both better, imo.

I don't think there will be room for him on our active roster if we draft a QB, because I can't imagine the Panthers going into next year with Moore, Clausen, Rookie at the depth chart. It wasn't that he couldn't beat a rookie out, but he wouldn't be given a rookie's roster spot. I expect us to bring in a FA not on the roster last year and I would be surprised if they cut that person for a roster spot before the season started to keep Moore.

As far as being in the same or worse situation, he could be in a much better situation, where the starter from the previous year is gone and the team isn't potentially taking a rookie, so he could end up competing against last year's backup and a random FA - something like I think will happen here IF we dont draft a rookie. If we do, it complicates matters.