Photo
- - - - -

wtf Alf?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#106 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

I just want to know who the brunette in the Redskins shirt was. :yikes:

#107 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

I just want to know who the brunette in the Redskins shirt was. :yikes:

Sofia Vergara

#108 Goat2SRT

Goat2SRT

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

I was expecting to see Homer Simpson, not Alf...

#109 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

What's average age on this board? The thread (not a sticky) on the 1st page with the most views is about a cartoon character.:rolleyes:

#110 SPANKY

SPANKY

Smitty hugger

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

It's about a superbowl commercial. Did'nt know Alf was a cartoon, we learn something new every day.

#111 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

It's about a superbowl commercial. Did'nt know Alf was a cartoon, we learn something new every day.

Marvel Comics

An ALF comic book was published by Marvel Comics' Star Comics imprint beginning in 1987 and ran for four years, totaling 50 issues and nearly a dozen specials.

The comic loosely followed the continuity of the television show (though it featured alternate takes on certain episodes, like the birth of Eric Tanner) and featured numerous parodies of Marvel Comics characters and other pop-culture parodies in the form of "Melmac Flashbacks." It was the first instance to feature ALF's natural family in a reverse scenario where Willie Tanner is an astronaut who crashes his spaceship into ALF's garage on Melmac, and the Shumway family works to protect Willie from hostile Melmackians.

http://www.newkadia...._Comic-Books=79

#112 replive

replive

It's a process

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Marvel Comics

An ALF comic book was published by Marvel Comics' Star Comics imprint beginning in 1987 and ran for four years, totaling 50 issues and nearly a dozen specials.

The comic loosely followed the continuity of the television show (though it featured alternate takes on certain episodes, like the birth of Eric Tanner) and featured numerous parodies of Marvel Comics characters and other pop-culture parodies in the form of "Melmac Flashbacks." It was the first instance to feature ALF's natural family in a reverse scenario where Willie Tanner is an astronaut who crashes his spaceship into ALF's garage on Melmac, and the Shumway family works to protect Willie from hostile Melmackians.

http://www.newkadia...._Comic-Books=79

yes because everything that has been made into a comic can be called a "cartoon". congrats on this great logic you have here. I guess you can call president obama a cartoon character because they made a comic about him too.

#113 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

yes because everything that has been made into a comic can be called a "cartoon". congrats on this great logic you have here. I guess you can call president obama a cartoon character because they made a comic about him too.

Yeah, I'd definitely consider Obozo a joke of cartoon character.

BTW:

"Cartoon All-Stars To The Rescue" was an animated special that was aired on ABC, CBS, and NBC in April 1990, featuring a crossover of various cartoon characters such as those from ALF, Alvin And The Chipmunks, Disney's DuckTales, Winnie The Pooh, Muppet Babies, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Garfield And Friends, The Real Ghostbusters, The Smurfs, and Looney Tunes. Since ALF, like all the characters from the shows listed, was presented as nothing more than a cartoon character come to life, and since this adventure doesn't tie in with any known stories he has in his animated series, it is considered "non-canonical".

http://alf.wikia.com...s_To_The_Rescue

I guess you think Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are real too. :eek:

Edited by Firefox, 08 February 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#114 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

A guy tells his wife or girlfriend, "I spent the afternoon posting on sports message boards," and she says, "I'm so proud of you." OK, that was a trick one. Guys who spend the afternoon posting on sports message boards don't have wives or girlfriends. - Tom Sorensen

http://www.charlotte...on-bigfoot.html

#115 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

Actually it was based in Georgia (they talked often about going to Atlanta) but there's no actual Hazzard County in Georgia.

There's a Hazzard in Tennessee, but the one in the show was a fictional creation.

you are correct sir. :thumbsup: