Photo
- - - - -

ARod tested positive for steriods in 2003

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#16 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

String his ass up, too.

Ya know, I'm almost to the point of wanting them to ban all current players and start the fug over.

#17 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

Cortisone shots, when used at proper dosage and when used as directed are MUCH safer than systemic anabolic steroid abuse used at levels appropriate for horses or draft animals JR.

I am no doctor but both enhance performance though right? And in the same dose cortisone shot is a stronger steroid than the anabolic one right?

Someone who otherwise can't walk, gets a high enough dose of cortizone to mask the pain and is sent back out on the field only to deal with the repercussions of the actual injury itself which in most cases is now worse.

case 1: Player can't hit home runs because he is 35 years old and has lost strength...player takes anabolic steroid...player's strength increases and can now hit an extra 25 feet like he did 10 years ago.

case 2: Player can't run fast because he has 35 year old catcher knees and they hurt, gets cortisone shot before every game, can now run like he is 10 years younger.

I don't see a huge difference, just my viewpoint on the whole thing. And to go back to my original statement, why not just use HGH since it can't be detected? I am sure there are plenty out there that are....in every sport.

#18 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

The only thing that would make me feel almost good about it would be a total and complete no tolerance policy.

Instaban.

Sadly, the tests will never keep up with the tech, so it probably doesn't even matter.

#19 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

I am no doctor but both enhance performance though right? And in the same dose cortisone shot is a stronger steroid than the anabolic one right?

Someone who otherwise can't walk, gets a high enough dose of cortizone to mask the pain and is sent back out on the field only to deal with the repercussions of the actual injury itself which in most cases is now worse.

case 1: Player can't hit home runs because he is 35 years old and has lost strength...player takes anabolic steroid...player's strength increases and can now hit an extra 25 feet like he did 10 years ago.

case 2: Player can't run fast because he has 35 year old catcher knees and they hurt, gets cortisone shot before every game, can now run like he is 10 years younger.

I don't see a huge difference, just my viewpoint on the whole thing. And to go back to my original statement, why not just use HGH since it can't be detected? I am sure there are plenty out there that are....in every sport.

I see what you are saying, but you can drag this out to a silly extreme by not allowing weight lifting since it increases strength, cold medications when the player is feeling like crap, etc. etc.

I think cortisone injections are just one weapon in the armamentarium at the disposal of qualified orthopaedic surgeons to deal with joint pain and inflammation on an as needed basis, rather than an attempt by a player to cheat the system.

I think intent is the difference.

http://www.spineuniv...shots-1349.html

#20 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,338 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:15 PM

Well it didn't taint any World Series wins!

:(

#21 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

But Pettite and Clemens didn't?

#22 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,338 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:25 PM

Nope.

jerk!

#23 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

The only thing that would make me feel almost good about it would be a total and complete no tolerance policy.

Instaban.

Sadly, the tests will never keep up with the tech, so it probably doesn't even matter.

Agree 100%. I have stopped caring about the whole steroid thing because if that. Desensitzed.....but I have become that way with so many things anymore.

#24 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

guess you guys will have to wait till Evan Longoria sets the record in 15 years to see somebody clean...and dreamy

#25 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

A-Rod in an exclusive interview with Gammons is coming up shortly on ESPN. He admits to using PEDs in it. Guess that means he lied to Katy last year.

#26 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

guess you guys will have to wait till Evan Longoria sets the record in 15 years to see somebody clean...and dreamy

Which record are we talking about.....errors or strike outs?

#27 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,338 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

lol

#28 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

Which record are we talking about.....errors or strike outs?

nobody will ever touch Ryan Howards K record

#29 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

nobody will ever touch Ryan Howards K record

Don't remind me....
Didn't stop him from getting paid though.....H*ll I don't care....it ain't my money....

As long as he continues to knock in more runs than anyone else, I can live with it....most of the time. :D

#30 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

A-Rod admits, regrets use of PEDs

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day," Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons in an interview in Miami Beach, Fla. "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time.

"I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3894847

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com