Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatMan72

Matt Maiocco has us taking Newton # 1 overall

277 posts in this topic

Gantt has said that Scherer had a bad knack for overcomplicating things.

Yup and Jake basically said after he left that he let Scherer get into his head a little too much.

Could also explain the total brain cramp Moore experienced this past season?

I can tell you from hanging out at practice that as the starting QB was walking out Scherer was almost always in his ear talking about something as they walked.

He's certainly had more success at the college level than in the pros. Maybe his coaching approach just works better on college kids.

He's certainly had more success at the college level than in the pros. Maybe his coaching approach just works better on college kids.

Scherer would have had a field day with Cam Newton, LOL

Scherer had that effect on Jake too. Glad other poeple noticed it.

Fairley, Peterson, Green,or trade down

i stopped reading after "Comcast SportsNet Bay Area's first attempt at a mock draft"

I'd be okay with this. I'd be okay with Newton, Fairley, or Green with our first pick

don't want newton at all.

don't mind fairley.

don't want green.

peterson would be my first choice.

1 person likes this

don't want newton at all.

don't mind fairley.

don't want green.

peterson would be my first choice.

this

if Newton is worth it, he's worth it. i'd bet Shula, Chud, Hurney and possibly even Rivera are going to sit down with him and watch him throw and drop back, get a feel for how he processes information, etc. i hiiiiighly doubt that anybody employed by the Panthers knows right now who they're going to draft at #1.

Clausen has played in pro games and has had moments even if he's not great.

Stick any college kid - Newton, Luck, Gabbert, any of 'em - in the starting lineup of a pro game right now and they'd fold like an accordion.

Regarding Pike, I think we still don't know about him. You just can't reliably judge by last season.

Sheer speculation there. They would prob fair just as well as clausen, some better because of athletisim. Clausen was not given much help last year and was not athletic so he responded accordingly.

Sheer speculation there. They would prob fair just as well as clausen, some better because of athletisim. Clausen was not given much help last year and was not athletic so he responded accordingly.

they would fail miserably without at least some NFL experience.

people have unrealistic expectations for rookies after Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco and now Bradford. rookie QB's are usually bad, and if we drafted Newton or Gabbert they would more than likely be just as bad as Clausen or any other rookie thrown onto a horrible offense.

1 person likes this

If the super bowl taught anybody anything yesterday it's that you want the best pure passing pocket QB you can get. Cam is not that.

2 people like this