Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Home Brew Thread

149 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

A place to discuss all things that have to do with brewing your own beer or other alcohol.

I found out last night that my wife got me a Cooper's home brew kit for Valentine's Day. It comes with what is needed to brew a lager, and she also got me a dark ale kit. I'm pretty excited.

Anyway, BruceBrewski started a thread celebrating his first brew, but I thought a general one was in order. Share types, tips, recipes or whatever else.

Posted · Report post

btw, that first brew has been bottled.

Posted · Report post

Congrats Klong! Brew some and bring it to a TG next season

Posted · Report post

i intend to do some youtube searching later for anything helpful, and will post any good ones that i find.

Posted · Report post

when i have free time, this is on my list.....

goodluck guys!

Posted · Report post

thanks for the links beaux. i'll be checking those out when i get a chance. work doesn't allow, and i'll have to make some time at home. are those forums?

Posted · Report post

found this one while eating lunch. its an unboxing and how to of the kit that i'll be using. this guy has a bunch of videos too.

Posted · Report post

thanks for the links beaux. i'll be checking those out when i get a chance. work doesn't allow, and i'll have to make some time at home. are those forums?

They are. HomeBrewTalk.com is my favorite -- it just has a wealth of information on all things homebrewing (they've even got a nice section on winemaking and cider brewing).

BeerAdvocate.com is used by most people for the beer reviews, but they do have several sub-forums (of which their homebrewing forum is one).

Posted · Report post

Homebrewtalk.com has a droid app. Sweeet!

Posted · Report post

found this one while eating lunch. its an unboxing and how to of the kit that i'll be using. this guy has a bunch of videos too.

">

Posted · Report post

A place to discuss all things that have to with brewing your own beer.

I found out last night that my wife got me a Cooper's home brew kit for Valentine's Day. It comes with what is needed to brew a lager, and she also got me a dark ale kit. I'm pretty excited.

Anyway, BruceBrewski started a thread celebrating his first brew, but I thought a general one was in order. Share types, tips, recipes or whatever else.

I made my first run with this kit yesterday. Only been 24 hours, so far I haven't seen any bubbles in the airlock, and the top of the beer is starting to get really foamy.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments