Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Home Brew Thread

149 posts in this topic

Posted

A place to discuss all things that have to do with brewing your own beer or other alcohol.

I found out last night that my wife got me a Cooper's home brew kit for Valentine's Day. It comes with what is needed to brew a lager, and she also got me a dark ale kit. I'm pretty excited.

Anyway, BruceBrewski started a thread celebrating his first brew, but I thought a general one was in order. Share types, tips, recipes or whatever else.

Posted

btw, that first brew has been bottled.

Posted

Congrats Klong! Brew some and bring it to a TG next season

Posted

i intend to do some youtube searching later for anything helpful, and will post any good ones that i find.

Posted

Since I haven't started homebrewing yet, I can't offer many tips -- but I will say that www.homebrewtalk.com and www.beeradvocate.com are both great resources.

1 person likes this

Posted

when i have free time, this is on my list.....

goodluck guys!

Posted

thanks for the links beaux. i'll be checking those out when i get a chance. work doesn't allow, and i'll have to make some time at home. are those forums?

Posted

found this one while eating lunch. its an unboxing and how to of the kit that i'll be using. this guy has a bunch of videos too.

Posted

thanks for the links beaux. i'll be checking those out when i get a chance. work doesn't allow, and i'll have to make some time at home. are those forums?

They are. HomeBrewTalk.com is my favorite -- it just has a wealth of information on all things homebrewing (they've even got a nice section on winemaking and cider brewing).

BeerAdvocate.com is used by most people for the beer reviews, but they do have several sub-forums (of which their homebrewing forum is one).

Posted

Homebrewtalk.com has a droid app. Sweeet!

Posted

found this one while eating lunch. its an unboxing and how to of the kit that i'll be using. this guy has a bunch of videos too.

">

Posted

A place to discuss all things that have to with brewing your own beer.

I found out last night that my wife got me a Cooper's home brew kit for Valentine's Day. It comes with what is needed to brew a lager, and she also got me a dark ale kit. I'm pretty excited.

Anyway, BruceBrewski started a thread celebrating his first brew, but I thought a general one was in order. Share types, tips, recipes or whatever else.

I made my first run with this kit yesterday. Only been 24 hours, so far I haven't seen any bubbles in the airlock, and the top of the beer is starting to get really foamy.