Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kettle

The Official Home Brew Thread

149 posts in this topic

Why would they mold if you let them dry? Just dont throw them wet into a bag. You could probably actually store them in some bourbon too.

Bottled my cider and a brown ale yesterday... Cider has mellowed out nicely, can't wait to see how it tastes after it bottle conditions for a month.

Brewing my first real lager today.

I'm starting to look at doing a cider, but so far haven't found anything without preservatives. I've checked several stores now and no luck.

Thanks for the advice on the chips.

You try farmers markets? I think whole foods and trader joes carry stuff without preservatives as well.

wilmington has whole foods and trader joes both in the process of construction. i haven't tried a farmers market. i'm not sure there are any up and running right now. The ones i know of open certain days in non-winter months.

i've checked grocers and retailers looking for brands like musselmans that i've seen recommended online.

My smoked porter. I haven't tried many of the style, but I think its good.

2012-03-09_19-49-47_802.jpg

My barrel aged stout. I've tried a few of this style, and while I won't say I'm in the league of a yeti, I wil say its on point. Tastes of chocolate, oak and Jameson make it smooth and easy drinking brew.

2012-03-10_12-21-00_323.jpg

My first batch of homebrew beer will be ready to drink in about a week- looking forward to it and if its any good already have plans on starting another.

Does homebrew improve with age say after a couple weeks in the bottle?

if youre into cider take a look at the skeeter pee recipe I linked to a page or two back- easy to make and great for the summer and cheap - or just google skeeter p

home brew can improve with age

can I get a recommendation for an online outfit that sells home brew supplies? Looking for best prices- selection isnt a huge issue at this point

I've not bought anything off line, but would be interested in that info as well.

Along those lines, there is a new homebrew store in Wilmington, but I have not been to it. The owners are members of The Wort City brewers, and their store is Wilmington Homebrew Supply. They told me that they will cater more to beer brewers instead of wine like the other two stores in the area. http://www.wilmingtonhomebrew.com/