Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

Taxes drop to lowest level in 60 years

98 posts in this topic

If people would actually take the time and look at the tax percentages over the last 60 years that would be in complete shock. Taxes for the rich use to linger around 60-70% and these ass wipes are complaining about 35%

BS

i hate any tax. :mad:

You sure love internet

Not considering all of the other taxes and fees that we now have to pay is a fail on any and all tax talk.

If people would actually take the time and look at the tax percentages over the last 60 years that would be in complete shock. Taxes for the rich use to linger around 60-70% and these ass wipes are complaining about 35%

Now please define for me "rich".

Since you seem to be falling for the same game as those I thought less intelligent than you.

Namely, "rich" is defined by anyone making more than you, and "they" should pay more because that is better than you or the "not rich" chipping in more too.

*shakes head*

I thought we were all equal here in the land of opportunity.

Guess not.

fact is, if we are cereal about eliminating our debt, we have to temporarily (ugh) increase taxes, cut spending dramatically and across the board, and get it done.

Then we can start bringing down tax rates across the board, and for everyone.

The above will never happen.

2 people like this

Please explain why someone should pay 70% tax rate to the government. And don't give me this...because they can afford it bullshit.

Namely, "rich" is defined by anyone making more than you, and "they" should pay more because that is better than you or the "not rich" chipping in more too.

wow, someone here has actually made that argument? for awhile there i was worried that the conservatives on this board were just trotting out a tired straw man. glad to see undeniable proof that those advocating progressive taxation do so out of selfishness and jealousy.

I thought we were all equal here in the land of opportunity.

lol

Flat tax. Even morons like Cantrell and Ohio can't bitch about a flat tax.

I'm in favor of abolishing the income tax and replacing it with a VAT.

I'm in favor of abolishing the income tax and replacing it with a VAT.

You are more likely to see a VAT tax added on top of the income tax.

You are more likely to see a VAT tax added on top of the income tax.

That would be outlandish :eek: