• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#16 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

If people would actually take the time and look at the tax percentages over the last 60 years that would be in complete shock. Taxes for the rich use to linger around 60-70% and these ass wipes are complaining about 35%

Now please define for me "rich".

Since you seem to be falling for the same game as those I thought less intelligent than you.

Namely, "rich" is defined by anyone making more than you, and "they" should pay more because that is better than you or the "not rich" chipping in more too.

*shakes head*

I thought we were all equal here in the land of opportunity.
Guess not.

fact is, if we are cereal about eliminating our debt, we have to temporarily (ugh) increase taxes, cut spending dramatically and across the board, and get it done.

Then we can start bringing down tax rates across the board, and for everyone.

The above will never happen.

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

If people would actually take the time and look at the tax percentages over the last 60 years that would be in complete shock. Taxes for the rich use to linger around 60-70% and these ass wipes are complaining about 35%

Please explain why someone should pay 70% tax rate to the government. And don't give me this...because they can afford it bullshit.

#18 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:49 AM

Namely, "rich" is defined by anyone making more than you, and "they" should pay more because that is better than you or the "not rich" chipping in more too.

wow, someone here has actually made that argument? for awhile there i was worried that the conservatives on this board were just trotting out a tired straw man. glad to see undeniable proof that those advocating progressive taxation do so out of selfishness and jealousy.

I thought we were all equal here in the land of opportunity.

lol

#19 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:23 AM

Flat tax. Even morons like Cantrell and Ohio can't bitch about a flat tax.

#20 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

Taxes for the rich use to linger around 60-70% and these ass wipes are complaining about 35%

Ahem... http://www.carolinah...ors-office.html

#21 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

I'm in favor of abolishing the income tax and replacing it with a VAT.

#22 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

I'm in favor of abolishing the income tax and replacing it with a VAT.

You are more likely to see a VAT tax added on top of the income tax.

#23 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

That would be outlandish :eek:

#24 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

wow, someone here has actually made that argument? for awhile there i was worried that the conservatives on this board were just trotting out a tired straw man. glad to see undeniable proof that those advocating progressive taxation do so out of selfishness and jealousy.

lol

Get real man.
Just as everybody wants everything but doesn't want to pay for it, so goes the taxation hot potato.
And yes, that argument is made over and over and over again, they just church it up, as you are trying with the selfishness and jealousy jab.
They do it because they want the other guy to pay for it, plain and simple.

You lollerskate at "equality" in taxation?

Yeah, of course you do.
nm

#25 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

lol

everyone on here agrees that we cannot sustain the current spending levels in the US. We either must cust drastically or increase taxes....or a combination of the two.

Your view (along with most) is that someone other than yourself should be the ones to pay more to fund it. Your view is as simple as that.

#26 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

Flat tax. Even geniuses like Cantrell and Ohio can't bitch about a flat tax.

Wow, I just saw what the conservative Obama has done and people want to deny it. And obviously Meat has an obsession with me, I haven't been on very much he still thinking about me.

#27 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

Get real man.
Just as everybody wants everything but doesn't want to pay for it, so goes the taxation hot potato.
And yes, that argument is made over and over and over again, they just church it up, as you are trying with the selfishness and jealousy jab.
They do it because they want the other guy to pay for it, plain and simple.

You lollerskate at "equality" in taxation?

Yeah, of course you do.
nm

i would almost go along with a "flat tax" like someone else mentioned if everyone actually had equal opportunity to succeed in america, but it doesn't quite work that way. hell, cut military spending and divert much of that money into social programs and you might get my support for a flat tax.

upset that you pay taxes at a higher rate than the poor and middle class? how about just being happy that you were likely born into a more advantaged household.

#28 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,293 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

let UPS logistics run more of the govt and you can raise my taxes if you want

#29 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

i would almost go along with a "flat tax" like someone else mentioned if everyone actually had equal opportunity to succeed in america, but it doesn't quite work that way. hell, cut military spending and divert much of that money into social programs and you might get my support for a flat tax.

upset that you pay taxes at a higher rate than the poor and middle class? how about just being happy that you were likely born into a more advantaged household.

That's right....it is always someone else's fault for what someone has not achieved in their life.

There is definitely some truth to that statement. However, a lot of the accountability falls on the individual....that is the part that you seem to ignore.

I come from a High School where less than 20% of the student body went to college. It was a rural high school without the financially advantaged. Everyone in that school had access to the same classes....the same teachers...the same facilities. 20% chose to take advantage of it....and 80% chose not to. I guess that 80% can blame the system.....bullshit.

#30 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

Not in our lifetime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.