Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers lead story on ESPN first take

50 posts in this topic

Posted

The Clausen defenders are ridiculous. Why in gods name would you want to give Clausen another year after he did less than nothing. Most players atleast look a little better by the end of the season. Jimmy looked worse.

Draft Cam Newton, I'd rather start from scratch with Newton then have another mediocre year from Clausen. Atleast give the fans something do be excited about. No one is excited about "cant get right" Jimmy

You had me in the first paragraph.

You lost me in the second.

Posted

i thought it was coaching until i seen wr running wide open across the field. so ima say 75% clausen, 25% coaching.

VERY wide open.......as if he couldn't see the Field at all and could only check-down or throw it away.

Posted

The Clausen defenders are ridiculous. Why in gods name would you want to give Clausen another year after he did less than nothing. Most players atleast look a little better by the end of the season. Jimmy looked worse.

Draft Cam Newton, I'd rather start from scratch with Newton then have another mediocre year from Clausen. Atleast give the fans something do be excited about. No one is excited about "cant get right" Jimmy

Troy Aikeman went 1-15 his rookie season....I'm not comparing the two by any means but we had bad coaching and a really bad O-line.

Posted

First Take is replaying right now.

Posted

Troy Aikeman went 1-15 his rookie season....I'm not comparing the two by any means but we had bad coaching and a really bad O-line.

Troy Aikman flashed signs that he got it to....the Aikman to Clausen comparison is just asinine.....

Posted

O-line was above average

Posted

Troy Aikman flashed signs that he got it to....the Aikman to Clausen comparison is just asinine.....

Agreed.

Posted

This is my biggest problem. I saw too many plays where WRs were open' date=' and Clausen either A: wasn't going through his progressions, B: playing the role of Captain Checkdown or C: was already scrambling out of the pocket way before defenders got close to him and didn't have the arm strength to hit said open WR on the run.....[/quote']

that has a lot to do with coaching...

Posted

Clausen strikes as a product of his surroundings. If he's on a winner he plays with more confidence like his last year Notre Dame. Conversely, if he is on a losing squad he can't take the pressure off himself.

IF Jimmy starts the sesaon and we win a couple of games off the rushing attack and solid defense, I can estimate his play will progress as his confidence builds.

Posted

IF Jimmy starts the sesaon and we win a couple of games off the rushing attack and solid defense, I can estimate his play will progress as his confidence builds.

So you are saying if we win in spite of Clausen early, he might build confidence and not totally fug up our season later on? We should just stick him at WR and run the wildcat until his confidence is up.

Why not stick a trained monkey out there?

Posted

that has a lot to do with coaching...

Remember, Jake's paly digressed under Rip (off). How do not know Jimmy was instructed to check down if his first couple of reads weren't there. Remember, safe throws are typically the shorter ones...especially to backs and TEs.

1 person likes this

Posted

The only way to know how Jimmy or any other QB we had on the roster last year will look is to give them a shot with the new coaching staff and healthy oline. Could'nt see anything for the smoke and flames from the trainwreck that was our 2010 season.

Pretty much.