Photo
- - - - -

Panthers lead story on ESPN first take

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#21 countryboi

countryboi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

clausen is going to get a pass cause he was Hurney's pick and since he is still here they are not going to give up on him just yet....same way with edwards but i would be shocked to see them draft a QB around the 3rd

#22 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

I'm sure this as been talked about, but what concerns me is all the batted balls that I saw Clausen throw. Jimmy is listed as 6'2, but just looks short out there. Maybe Chud can taylor an offense that can roll Clausen out, but then again I'm looking for Steve Young (another undersized QB), and what we my have is another Doug Flutie. Having said that , no matter who's behind center dosen't matter to me as long as we WIN!

#23 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

I'm sure this as been talked about, but what concerns me is all the batted balls that I saw Clausen throw. Jimmy is listed as 6'2, but just looks short out there. Maybe Chud can taylor an offense that can roll Clausen out, but then again I'm looking for Steve Young (another undersized QB), and what we my have is another Doug Flutie. Having said that , no matter who's behind center dosen't matter to me as long as we WIN!

Chud's offense is going to require a QB stay in the pocket and sling it 10-20 yards downfield. If Clausen can't make throws downfield from in the pocket ....he won't be around long.

#24 CarolinaKat

CarolinaKat

Football Jesus

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

The Clausen defenders are ridiculous. Why in gods name would you want to give Clausen another year after he did less than nothing. Most players atleast look a little better by the end of the season. Jimmy looked worse.

Draft Cam Newton, I'd rather start from scratch with Newton then have another mediocre year from Clausen. Atleast give the fans something do be excited about. No one is excited about "cant get right" Jimmy

#25 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

TROLLOLOL

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

The Clausen defenders are ridiculous. Why in gods name would you want to give Clausen another year after he did less than nothing. Most players atleast look a little better by the end of the season. Jimmy looked worse.

Draft Cam Newton, I'd rather start from scratch with Newton then have another mediocre year from Clausen. Atleast give the fans something do be excited about. No one is excited about "cant get right" Jimmy

You had me in the first paragraph.

You lost me in the second.

#26 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

i thought it was coaching until i seen wr running wide open across the field. so ima say 75% clausen, 25% coaching.

VERY wide open.......as if he couldn't see the Field at all and could only check-down or throw it away.

#27 Kyle82

Kyle82

HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Troy Aikeman went 1-15 his rookie season....I'm not comparing the two by any means but we had bad coaching and a really bad O-line.

#28 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

First Take is replaying right now.

#29 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

Troy Aikeman went 1-15 his rookie season....I'm not comparing the two by any means but we had bad coaching and a really bad O-line.

Troy Aikman flashed signs that he got it to....the Aikman to Clausen comparison is just asinine.....

#30 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

O-line was above average