• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 bubbadawg

bubbadawg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

does the thought of Morrison picking up a ring make anyone else slightly nauseous?

#17 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,961 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

This move baffles me. Radmanovic was playing a big role for LA. Im baffled as to why they would trade him for Ammo who will struggle in their offense and Brown who wont get much PT behind Bean. Either way, I'll take it and I hope Radmanovic steps up big for us. The guy can shoot 3s with the best of em.

Interesting indeed.
Sasha will remain our 3 point threat off the bench.
Phil hasn't been consistently happy with Radman and has benched him in favor of Walton this year at times. Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza and Gasol and now Morrison will handle the forward positions.
Expect Phil and Kobe to make Morrison what he should be as the former # 3 overall pick. The Lakers constantly hose the competition in these kind of trades.

#18 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:34 AM

Interesting indeed.
Sasha will remain our 3 point threat off the bench.
Phil hasn't been consistently happy with Radman and has benched him in favor of Walton this year at times. Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza and Gasol and now Morrison will handle the forward positions.
Expect Phil and Kobe to make Morrison what he should be as the former # 3 overall pick. The Lakers constantly hose the competition in these kind of trades.

Good luck with that. Morrison was a constant liability in the defensive end and Phil Jackson won't put up with that.

#19 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • 16,961 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

Good luck with that. Morrison was a constant liability in the defensive end and Phil Jackson won't put up with that.

Exactly.

#20 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:02 AM

Exactly.

So you think Jackson is, like magic, going to turn him into an average defensive player when Larry Brown couldn't do it?

#21 John Holmes

John Holmes

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:01 AM

Yeah but Vlad isnt exactly a defensive dynamo lol

#22 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,392 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:24 AM

Yeah but Vlad isnt exactly a defensive dynamo lol

He's a shooter that can actually, Wait for it, .................. Shoot the ball. In the least he's better at defense then I'll just step aside on defense Morrison.

#23 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

LB is getting rid of all of MJ's draft moves. It's pretty obvious that MJ is the GM in name ONLY. These are all LB moves.

#24 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,981 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

This move baffles me. Radmanovic was playing a big role for LA. Im baffled as to why they would trade him for Ammo who will struggle in their offense and Brown who wont get much PT behind Bean.

turned an expiring contract in 2011 (rad) into a 2010 (ammo)

also rad's contract is pretty bad

#25 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:54 PM

also this from the Orange County Register

"He wore Vans for practice. That was Vladimir Radmanovic's last act as a Laker before he was traded Saturday to the Charlotte Bobcats in primarily a payroll-paring move for the future. The Lakers acquired small forward Adam Morrison, a bust to this point as the third pick in the 2006 draft, and shooting guard Shannon Brown. In his final Lakers practice on Friday, Radmanovic didn't wear basketball shoes. He wore Vans -- the low-top, slip-on kind of sneakers favored by skateboarders and, yes, snowboarders. Seriously. Or not seriously -- because what undermined Radmanovic, 28, in every attempt to make his mark as a Laker was a lack of seriousness about his profession. That's why the Lakers were thrilled to unload his contract."

Can Vlad really be an LB guy?

#26 Wolfcop

Wolfcop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

The Bobcats are actually starting to turn into a franchise, instead of a joke. I love the recent moves.

#27 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

I have to start reading this section more often.

I was looking at Fox sports list of over paid players and at #10 was Adam Morrison of the LA Lakers! I guess that means all my Adam Morrison cards are worthless now. (Along with Ryan Hollins who I really liked.)

Nazr Mohammed, did make the over paid list as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users