Photo
- - - - -

Economic Stimulus

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

Can someone explain to me what Obama wants passed? I'm kind of out of the loop here in Spain. I want to know what I'll be returning to in July.

#2 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

The poor are going to be rich and the rich will be poor. Kids will still not learn anything in school but they will enjoy the building more. Roads and bridges will be well maintained but you are not going to be allowed to drive your eco killing machines on them. We are going to harness the power of the wind and the sun but the forecast is cloudy and calm.

Also, the grass is going to kick ass at the Mall of America and the Department of Homeland Security is going to have some kick-ass chairs.

#3 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

So we're going to be more like Europe which is a horrible thing?

#4 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

^ probably... But why would we want to be like Europe? I want to be like the USA!

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,105 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:07 PM

Can someone explain to me what Obama wants passed? I'm kind of out of the loop here in Spain. I want to know what I'll be returning to in July.

He is taking all of your money and giving to me. I am ok with that. :)

#6 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

He and the Dems are taking all of your money, putting it into projects that they think will get them re-elected (like 200 million dollar water parks), and calling it a stimulus package.

#7 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

nothin gets you elected like a water park.

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

Obama says "Pass an 800 billion dollar stimulus bill", and the dems went to the closet where all the things they could net get through the appropriations budget for the last 10 years were stored, and said "I got your stimulus."

#9 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

This bill is going to fail miserably...I hope the dems are aware that it is not popular among us common folk, and it could very well tank their party.

#10 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

This bill is going to fail miserably...I hope the dems are aware that it is not popular among us common folk, and it could very well tank their party.

htar is wrong again sky is blue water is wet

Posted Image

#11 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

lol going to tank their party

the republican party is a complete shambles right now, it's going to undoubtedly get worse in 2010, they've been reduced to being petulant children proposing joke legislation, their senators are calling in and apologizing to a radio talk show personality, and yet THIS STIMULUS PACKAGE COULD BE THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN FOR THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

please

#12 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

"I went to a bank robbery, and a stimulus bill broke out"

#13 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

htar is wrong again sky is blue water is wet

Posted Image

While I am sure that a majority of Americans want a Stimulus Bill to pass, I'm not sure that they want this one to pass with all the b.s. in it.

If you will notice, the poll that you posted was taken on Jan 6-7, and the question was "Do you want Obama to pass a Stimulus Bill a.s.a.p when he takes office.". I think most everyone was wanting that. I am not so sure that people are wanting a "stimulus" that includes all of this extra spending that is going to do pretty much nothing to help the economy.

#14 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

Fiz forgets that the Democratic Congress had even lower approval ratings than Bush.

#15 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Fiz forgets that the Democratic Congress had even lower approval ratings than Bush.

Yes he does, and he also is turning a blind eye to the person that is leading in Washington, and it aint Obama! Pelosi is queen bee right now.

I won't, or haven't denied that the Republican party is in a mess...But it has more to do with all the negative press given by the MSM than reality. The Republican Party is also lacking in leadership right now, which makes things worse...But, the Dems will shoot themselves in their collective feet...HAHAHA! Make no mistake about that. They're pretty good at it. And with Pelosi calling the shots - it's a no-brainer.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com