Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

CBA Talks

33 posts in this topic

I'm not sure why they waited until 20-something days to get serious about this, but whatever...

it's part of the bargaining process (any bargaining process). both sides want to be perceived as not willing to budge. both sides want to wait for the other to slip up in some way (see D. Smith saying the players got a great deal last time). both sides don't want to be the one that admits that they are afraid of losing their source of income.

it's bargaining. leverage and pressure are the best weapons. the merits of the two arguments mean very little in comparison.

Talks almost always wait until almost the last minute to get something done. Just cuz they are meeting, don't expect anything positive (or negative) for another 3 weeks.

SoftliSTL Tony Softli

NFL & NFLPA Labor meetings not going well, sounds down right ugly with a heavy possiblity of meetings sessions being cancelled tomorrow

stupid bastards. all of them.

jr can't possibly be wrong or make a wrong move. sorry try again.

still think it won't be signed until September at the earliest

This is bullsh*t.

SBJLizMullen Liz Mullen

Source: NFL CBA meet canceled for Thursday after no progress today. Neither NFL or NFLPA walked out of today's bargaining session.

lockout is coming. even if only for a few weeks. can't imagine them getting it done now...

Well at least they both agreed to cancel the next pointless meeting.

That's a little bit of progress.

PS: Guys. This is still the off-season. They all have plans on how to go through the draft and the remaining of the off-season without a CBA in place. It won't matter until the first day of training camp is missed. That's when you should worry.

clearly this is an evil publicity ploy and the real CBA has been done for months. Now, the NFL is just generating more and more news around itself!

that's what I'll tell myself... and it has to be true.

I really hope there is football in 2011. Thanks for the update squirrel

I expect there to be football, but goddamn, I really want this to get worked out quick because our team really needs all of training camp etc. :(

I expect there to be football, but goddamn, I really want this to get worked out quick because our team really needs all of training camp etc. :(

That's the Genius of Richardson's plan. He put together a group of guys that KNOW they need to practice who would probably do it on their own time without pay.

That's like win/win/win...right?