Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Browns NT Shaun Rodgers to be released

58 posts in this topic

Posted

He basically got made redundant by Rubin, who wasn't exactly spectacular himself. That said, he probably does translate better as a 4-3 DT than in a 3-4. He is actually pretty disruptive and get moderate pressure up the middle. He isn't a great run defender though, so not sure I'd be thrilled with him and Fairley as some are hoping in this thread.

Posted

Shaun Rodgers could be a big signing in my opinon. He is only 31 years old, still has some good years left in him.

There are character concerns, not sure what they are right now and our organization doesnt usually go after those types of players. Hopefully the new coaching staff will take a chance with Shaun Rodgers.

Could he be a good teacher/mentor to Nick Fairley if we take him? At the very least, dont teach Fairley or any other DT we draft, any bad habits on and off the field.

All I know is, a Nick Fairley - Shaun Rodgers combo at DT would be nasty and would free up our LB to make plays all day long.

1 person likes this

Posted

holy fuging poo him and fairley this is me irl

X9uP7.gif

Posted

Wonder how well Spinderella Brown would play beside of a guy like Shaun Rodgers?

Posted

can't believe people have forgotten he played in a 4-3 with the Lions and was better in that scheme than the 3-4.

Posted

I don't get where the off-field stuff is coming from... IIRC, he got caught with a loaded gun in the airport because he forgot about it, but also later trailed a drunk driver in his car and alerted police and waited until they came and arrested him?

Seems like he made a mistake and might not be a bad guy, but idk...

And yes, we should sign him.

Posted

Spinderella Brown

3bcWc.gif

Posted

He can sign with anyone until March 3rd, I don't expect this to stretch out that long, but I don't think JR will pull the rigger on anyone before a new CBA, which is a downer :(

Posted

And hell let's not even mention the fact that Fairley the guy everyone wants to drool over has just as many character concerns as Rodgers does.

I must have missed when Fairley got in trouble for drugs, rape and attempted hijacking. :eek:

There are character concerns, not sure what they are right now and our organization doesnt usually go after those types of players. Hopefully the new coaching staff will take a chance with Shaun Rodgers.

Could he be a good teacher/mentor to Nick Fairley if we take him? At the very least, dont teach Fairley or any other DT we draft, any bad habits on and off the field.

In June 2007, Rogers was accused of sexually assaulting Curtis Patterson.

On October 18, 2006, Rogers was suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy

On April 1, 2010, Rogers was arrested at Cleveland Hopkins Airport for having a loaded gun in his carry on luggage.

I wouldn't want him teaching a young draft pick anything.

Posted

I must have missed when Fairley got in trouble for drugs, rape and attempted hijacking. :eek:

In June 2007, Rogers was accused of sexually assaulting Curtis Patterson.

On October 18, 2006, Rogers was suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy

On April 1, 2010, Rogers was arrested at Cleveland Hopkins Airport for having a loaded gun in his carry on luggage.

I wouldn't want him teaching a young draft pick anything.

Charges were never filed in the Patterson case due to lack of evidence.

In 2006, he was suspended for taking a appetite suppressing drug.

In 2010 he forgot about carrying a gun.

Nice try twisting the truth

1 person likes this

Posted

He said that the failed drug test was a result of an appetite suppressant. He never filed an appeal or provided any proof to back up his claim.

As for the gun thing, attempted hijacking might be a little harsh. ;) But even if he truly did just forget that he had a LOADED HANDGUN in his carry-on luggage, what does that say about the mentality of the man?

Regardless of the validity of any of these allegations, the argument was about character concerns. I would be more concerned about someone who was accused of the things Rogers has been, than someone who has been accused of taking cheap shots.

Posted

switzer tried to get on a plane with a loaded handgun lol