Photo
- - - - -

Browns NT Shaun Rodgers to be released

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#49 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

we have an assload of cap space the worst DTs in the league but yeah let's only bring in guys for the vet minimum hahahaha

Yeah lets waste money on an over the hill guy who Cleveland dumped when we have to shell out close to 100 million in guaranteed money to sign our core group of guys. Lets forget that Cleveland dumped him because they are going to a 4-3 which is what we run. Lets pick a 3-4 tackle even though we don't run that scheme and he would totally useless in Rivera's scheme.

#50 mick eye

mick eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

Your right. I admit. I can not see us beating the Texans or San Fran in FA. Some other team desperate for a NT is gonna overpay but i still stand behind my statement that if we can get him for a reasonable deal he would not be a upgrade.

#51 mick eye

mick eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:17 AM

Your right. I admit. I can not see us beating the Texans or San Fran in FA. Some other team desperate for a NT is gonna overpay but i still stand behind my statement that if we can get him for a reasonable deal he would not be a upgrade.

Alcohol is a dog in heat. Disregard that last part. He would be an upgrade.

#52 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

Lets sign our core guys and see how much is left over. We don't need to overspend on a guy who is on his last leg.

#53 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:23 AM

Lets sign our core guys and see how much is left over. We don't need to overspend on a guy who is on his last leg.

I agree but I like too get Zach Miller if we can.

#54 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:23 AM

Alcohol is a dog in heat. Disregard that last part. He would be an upgrade.

An upgrade has to be a better player in the scheme we are going to run. We are not going to use a nose tackle playing the 0 technique if I am right about what rivera will run. He would be a situational guy at best and a liability when teams start running the hurry up like we will see against New Orleans and Atlanta twice and Indy once. Paying him big bucks to sit the bench if he can even stay healthy would be a total waste of money. Stop thinking the Rodgers of 2008 and think about the Rodgers of 2011. They are totally different at this point.

#55 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:38 AM

lets see him do that in black, blue and silver next year

Shaun Rodgers can sit on the injury report elsewhere

#56 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:58 AM

Can't say either one of them gets me excited, but it would bother me if they were brought in if the HC approved.

Don't hold your breath though.

#57 RSXNova

RSXNova

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:52 AM

Sign Rodgers and find a way to acquire the big @sshole in Washington. Then draft Fairly and let the mentoring begin.:D