Photo
- - - - -

Firefox Issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

Anyone having trouble lately with their firefox? mines have been slowing down and crashing....a lot. i have no idea what's going on with it and I haven't seen any problems being posted about it online.

#2 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,536 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

I have been have the same problem. But I just got it the other day so I just figured that was normal.

#3 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

embedded videos dont seem to load up either at all or very slowly. Maybe just me don't know.

#4 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

I have been have the same problem. But I just got it the other day so I just figured that was normal.

it was doing that to me for awhile now. it used to work flawlessly, then it downloaded an update. It's gotten worse since that point. It crashes during the worst times and a lot of videos (ex. ones on WRAL, Panthers Website, Yahoo) wouldn't play. Plus it's slow to respond...:confused5:

#5 guigrrl

guigrrl

Who Dat?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

DO you have any 3rd party plugins installed?

#6 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

i have a few, like paypal, yahoo toolbar, zotero, and foxytunes.

#7 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

it freezes up alot when i'm on facebook too

#8 guigrrl

guigrrl

Who Dat?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

I'd disable those plugins and then see what happens.

#9 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

most of those ad ons i need....i decided to disable the foxytunes add on and it's been doing a little better. I need to have the other ones up for right now. But i will try it out and see if that's the problems

#10 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

Firefox used to be good because it was lightweight. Now it's as bloated as IE(even more so when you start piling on the addons). I was hoping Chrome would be a lot better but it's not.

#11 phidelt649

phidelt649

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

Firefox is fine. The newest flash update (which affects Youtube, Facebook, etc) doesn't work kindly with Firefox. I was having the same issues and even backdated my Firefox browser to version 2 just to make sure. FF is still the best in the business. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your flash and ditch the plugins just to make sure.

#12 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

Firefox is fine. The newest flash update (which affects Youtube, Facebook, etc) doesn't work kindly with Firefox. I was having the same issues and even backdated my Firefox browser to version 2 just to make sure. FF is still the best in the business. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your flash and ditch the plugins just to make sure.

only problem i have with this is I need those plug-ins (especially zotero...saves my life when I do research papers). i would go through with it if i didn't have value in my plug-ins.

I think i will have to wait for the new flash update and see if it gets any better

#13 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,318 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

I've had to switch back to IE on my work laptop because FF is locking up the whole system... I haven't had a chance to track it down to see if it's some add on or a new update. Both occurred right before it started locking up.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com