Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firefox Issues

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Anyone having trouble lately with their firefox? mines have been slowing down and crashing....a lot. i have no idea what's going on with it and I haven't seen any problems being posted about it online.

Posted · Report post

I have been have the same problem. But I just got it the other day so I just figured that was normal.

Posted · Report post

embedded videos dont seem to load up either at all or very slowly. Maybe just me don't know.

Posted · Report post

I have been have the same problem. But I just got it the other day so I just figured that was normal.

it was doing that to me for awhile now. it used to work flawlessly, then it downloaded an update. It's gotten worse since that point. It crashes during the worst times and a lot of videos (ex. ones on WRAL, Panthers Website, Yahoo) wouldn't play. Plus it's slow to respond...:confused5:

Posted · Report post

DO you have any 3rd party plugins installed?

Posted · Report post

i have a few, like paypal, yahoo toolbar, zotero, and foxytunes.

Posted · Report post

it freezes up alot when i'm on facebook too

Posted · Report post

I'd disable those plugins and then see what happens.

Posted · Report post

most of those ad ons i need....i decided to disable the foxytunes add on and it's been doing a little better. I need to have the other ones up for right now. But i will try it out and see if that's the problems

Posted · Report post

Firefox used to be good because it was lightweight. Now it's as bloated as IE(even more so when you start piling on the addons). I was hoping Chrome would be a lot better but it's not.

Posted · Report post

Firefox is fine. The newest flash update (which affects Youtube, Facebook, etc) doesn't work kindly with Firefox. I was having the same issues and even backdated my Firefox browser to version 2 just to make sure. FF is still the best in the business. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your flash and ditch the plugins just to make sure.

Posted · Report post

Firefox is fine. The newest flash update (which affects Youtube, Facebook, etc) doesn't work kindly with Firefox. I was having the same issues and even backdated my Firefox browser to version 2 just to make sure. FF is still the best in the business. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your flash and ditch the plugins just to make sure.

only problem i have with this is I need those plug-ins (especially zotero...saves my life when I do research papers). i would go through with it if i didn't have value in my plug-ins.

I think i will have to wait for the new flash update and see if it gets any better