• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#301 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

The short game is what makes a pro a pro.

Any nozzle can bang the ball a long way.

Around the green is where you make it happen. "Drive for show, putt for dough"

And most will tell you, around the green is ALL mental.

When he gets right in the head again, IF he gets right in the head again, he will return to form.

#302 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,429 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

But..... wait!!!!!

He wins a tournament and all of a sudden he's back and he's going to win 35 more tournaments, 18 more majors and still be a huge jerk-off.

But a strange thing happened along the way- he missed the cut on one of the easiest courses on tour... but no one is saying anything now.

#303 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,947 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Him winning then missing the cut proves one thing to me that I already thought... He's still got game, but he's not "Tiger" anymore, he's just another golf pro.

#304 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,248 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Him winning then missing the cut proves one thing to me that I already thought... He's still got game, but he's not "Tiger" anymore, he's just another golf pro.

I think he's still above most, if not all, in regards to talent. He still seems to have mental problems though. He doesn't appear to have the burning passion.

This weekend showed me that after he wins, he buys into his own hype a bit. He tends to take it easy and just show up. He thinks his talent alone will win for him every time, which just isn't the case anymore.

#305 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,947 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

So what does this past weekend show us about Tiger? To me, not too much that this season hasn't shown... he just doesn't have the game to win now like he used to. He really turned it on Friday, the worst day for scoring of the tournament, but Saturday and Sunday he just lost it. Rory showed that he's got the game that Tiger used to have... pulling away like that was pretty impressive.

Kevin Greene what you say?

#306 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,196 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

http://espn.go.com/g...al-via-facebook

Vonn's Facebook page had a similar message: "I guess it wasn't a well-kept secret but yes, I am dating Tiger Woods. Our relationship evolved from a friendship into something more over these past few months and it has made me very happy. I don't plan on addressing this further as I would like to keep that part of my life between us, my family and close friends. Thank you for understanding and your continued support! xo LV."

#307 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,947 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

That's been out for a while now, no?

He certainly has a type... :)

As far as the playing goes, he's playing better... last week at the WGA Cadillac he was just killing it with his irons. His achilles since the "incident" has been his putting... and he's still not the Tiger of old putting yet, but the way he hit his irons he didn't need to be.

#308 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,509 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

YWIA

https://www.google.c...iw=1024&bih=667

#309 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,621 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

They bonded over ACL rehab stories.

#310 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,832 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

2 PGA wins already this year. The haters must be hatin' in overtime right now.
Cant wait wait for Augusta, Phil is playing better and so are some other top players.
Well not McCliloy whos big move this year has been to throw down his club, walk off the course and lie about an injury in one of the most classless moves in pro golf in years. Attached File  tiger1.jpg   36.83KB   4 downloads

#311 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,947 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

2 PGA wins already this year. The haters must be hatin' in overtime right now.
Cant wait wait for Augusta, Phil is playing better and so are some other top players.
Well not McCliloy whos big move this year has been to throw down his club, walk off the course and lie about an injury in one of the most classless moves in pro golf in years.

I saw them talking to him somewhere the other day and he basically said that last year he was overthinking his swing... and I could see it. He was so focused on mechanics it was hurting him. This year so far, he's swinging my more fluidly and natural. He's keeping the ball in play off the tee, hitting his irons like freaking darts and putting OK. He will win doing that.

I think the switch to Nike really hurt Rory and yes, his temper tantrum where he walked off was an immature dick move. I think a lot of the other players really got on him about it.

This move was up there with it though...

Posted Image

:)

#312 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,832 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

I saw them talking to him somewhere the other day and he basically said that last year he was overthinking his swing... and I could see it. He was so focused on mechanics it was hurting him. This year so far, he's swinging my more fluidly and natural. He's keeping the ball in play off the tee, hitting his irons like freaking darts and putting OK. He will win doing that.

He won a lot last year as well.
3 PGA wins, omly trailing Mcllroys's 4.
Difference is Tiger is winning this year as well.
The spoiled Irish brat cant even make the Friday cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9f1dUfPYxE

#313 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,947 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

Yeah, he did win last year but was really streaky... He'd lose his swing at times.

This year so far he seems to be much more consistent.

#314 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,196 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

Have we seen the last of his greatness?

I say he never wins another major.

What do you think?

I think I am right!

#315 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

He's still undoubtedly the most talented golfer in the world. It's going to take him longer than most expected to regain his confidence, but it's not like he needs to start all over again. With time he'll be back and I think he still breaks Jack's record.

not a chance...............his body is breaking down and he's not feared any longer.

People said years ago they didn't believe his body could hold up to the violence of his swing.........

although Tiger has changed it several times it's all catching up with him now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com