#451 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

Right at different percentages.....

Um no..... Body of work! The big picture. Ryan leaf is a good example of how you could do everything right then blow off one interview and change what a team thinks about you. Thats what Im talking about. Its all important at the same degree.

#452 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

The feeling I get is that some feel that you can't use a high pick on a QB unless he is rated the way Luck was.

Well if he is a once in a decade like prospect, we will be waiting along time for another Luck. It is time to get a franchise QB.

I will say it again, the Eli, Rivers, Roethlisberger draft was considered by many to be a weak QB draft also.

No it wasn't....both Rivers and Manning were projected to go in the top 10 and Big Ben was projected to go in the top 18 by a lot of draft sites if I remember right....

#453 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,576 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Throwing in gym shorts to guys you've been working with for at least three weeks, probably longer, is easier than doing it for the first time. Just saying.

True. But who you are throwing to doesn't effect the fact that you can't throw straight. It wasn't anticipation Locker was missing it was accuracy IMO.

#454 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Um no..... Body of work! The big picture. Ryan leaf is a good example of how you could do everything right then blow off one interview and change what a team thinks about you. Thats what Im talking about. Its all important at the same degree.

But it's not, obviously, we've already heard experts say gym short workouts aren't as important as game film so they obviously aren't weighted the same.....

#455 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,576 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

No it wasn't....both Rivers and Manning were projected to go in the top 10 and Big Ben was projected to go in the top 18 by a lot of draft sites if I remember right....

Well right now a lot of people have Gabbert and Cam going in the top ten and Locker in the top 20 so it looks about the same.

Eli wasn't an overwhelming prospect. There were a lot of concern about Rivers throwing motion and arm strength. And Ben came from a spread, was never under center, and played weak competition.

#456 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,576 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

Well right now a lot of people have Gabbert and Cam going in the top ten and Locker in the top 20 so it looks about the same.

Eli wasn't an overwhelming prospect. There were a lot of concern about Rivers throwing motion and arm strength. And Ben came from a spread, was never under center, and played weak competition.

When I say Eli wasn't overwhelming I mean he wasn't a Luck type guaranteed prospect at #1

#457 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

Still three QBs projected to go in the top 20 =/= weak class....

#458 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:39 PM

When I say Eli wasn't overwhelming I mean he wasn't a Luck type guaranteed prospect at #1

Everyone knew Eli was going to be number one. That's why it was such a big deal that SD had the first pick....

#459 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:39 PM

this arguing gets really old.. this whole thread is filled with misunderstanding..

Locker sucks.. no one is saying we should draft him, so talking about Locker is pretty irrelevant to this whole discussion.

Mayock is a widely respected, and very knowledgeable.. So he says Locker is the 2nd best, that's hardly a reason to say his whole volume of work is worthless..

so since that is stated in the simplest of terms without any implication involved..

what the f*ck.....

Where did I say his volume of work was worthless? I do find it odd that he has a QB ahead of Cam that has never even come close to proving he's a good passer though. I mean damn, how can you rate a QB that high if he can't throw a lick?

#460 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

But it's not, obviously, we've already heard experts say gym short workouts aren't as important as game film so they obviously aren't weighted the same.....

Oh I forgot that you had inside track info into a scouts thought process. Please excuse me oh great one. :rolleyes: Your hopeless and Im moving on. Tell me when Jarrett beats out LaFell... That was your last great reading there swami.

#461 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

Oh I forgot that you had inside track info into a scouts thought process. Please excuse me oh great one. :rolleyes: Your hopeless and Im moving on. Tell me when Jarrett beats out LaFell... That was your last great reading there swami.

I never claimed to have inside info. I'm going by what I have heard countless number of experts say for countless number of years in the media. The lengths you people go to put down anyone who doubts Cam are hilarious....

#462 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

Where did I say his volume of work was worthless? I do find it odd that he has a QB ahead of Cam that has never even come close to proving he's a good passer though. I mean damn, how can you rate a QB that high if he can't throw a lick?

I'm not saying you said that.. I'm making a point..

it is odd.. yes.

the senior bowl practices alone, I thought Locker was taking too much TV time just to throw a pass, when I could see someone worth watching..

#463 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

This has been an entertaining thread so far. Here's what I've learned;

1. Blacks are still sensitive towards racial stuff and whites are tired of dealing with it. (I have no idea of who's white or black on this board but I'm assuming here).
2. I don't understand why race is such a big issue here. I can only assume that the sensitivity from blacks here is that they assume that white folks only want whites at the QB position.

I'd like to address this second point for a moment. This is absolutely not true.

I think that the issue here is that no black running QB has won the SB (recently - forget about Redskins or whatever). Whoever wins gets the most adoration. NFL is like 80% black anyways and it's my favorite sport to watch. I wear Beason's jersey. So how can I be racist or anyone else? Silly stuff and we should drop it.

Bottom line is I'm actually pulling for us to pick Cam. It's a HUGE gamble. He could be the next J. Russell or he could be the better version of Freeman from TB. It could go either way. But the upside is so damn big.

Sure DTs can be bought from FA and drafted later but a franchise QB? Only way to win - especially in our conference when everyone else has theirs.

#464 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Or how Andrew Luck was guaranteed to be in Carolina in 2011. :rolleyes: CARDIAC got a lot of people's hopes up on this board only to end up with their pants on the ground when Luck passed on us. Most Cam haters on this board are former Luck jock sniffers on some "if Luck wont come then Newton cant either" pettiness.

#465 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

Rivera said that workouts didn't matter nearly as much as game film, and poor exhibition game performance didn't mean a ton but good performance did show an ability to learn quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com