Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton Workout Phenomenal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
691 replies to this topic

#691 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for telling me the SEC is the toughest, I didn't know. Too bad they play cupcakes all year. If you want to challenge yourself you play a real schedule like the Pac10 played. 8 of the top 10 toughest schedules in the country came from the Pac10. If SEC didn't have to play the Little10 in all of it's bowl games they might get exposed.

But the whole reason we are even talking about SOS is because you are using it to imply the PAC-10 has better teams than the SEC.

It doesn't seem like I said the Pac10 has better teams at all. It looks like I said if you want to challenge yourself, you play a real schedule.

My 8 out of 10 was wrong, I apologize, it's actually 10 out of 10.

Pac10 gets no respect from anyone not on the west coast, usually because they are asleep when they play their games then in bowl games they get matched up with teams they aren't supposed to beat. It happens every year. I would love it if the SEC and Pac10 got to play games like the SEC and Big10 did because I think those are the two best conferences in football.

If the Pac10 had a championship game, Auburn would likely have played Stanford and that would be a tougher test for them I think.

#692 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

But if an SEC team plays a crappy team and wins, if another SEC team beats that team they are rewarded less but if they lose they are penalized more even though it is a win.

The 3 losses against Boise, TCU, and Nevada inflates every team in the conference's overall SOS and makes it appear stronger than it really is. Even though they lost all three games.

Are you saying beating the Citadel should carry more positive weight than losing two road games against top 5 teams?