Photo
- - - - -

"Pro-family"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#16 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

This is part of why I think gay people should be allowed to marry. My mom will say things to me like OH THEY JUST WANT TO PASS THEIR ESTATES DOWN W/O PROBATE and to that, I say so the eff what if that is why some of them get married. Did Anna Nicole Smith marry for love? YEAH RIGHT. Are hetero couples that much "better" at marriage or always marry for so much "better" reasons that we can be sanctimonious about it? Nope.

#17 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

This is part of why I think gay people should be allowed to marry. My mom will say things to me like OH THEY JUST WANT TO PASS THEIR ESTATES DOWN W/O PROBATE and to that, I say so the eff what if that is why some of them get married. Did Anna Nicole Smith marry for love? YEAH RIGHT. Are hetero couples that much "better" at marriage or always marry for so much "better" reasons that we can be sanctimonious about it? Nope.

Civil Unions! YES! Marriage! NO! Again, Pandora's Box....When people want to start screaming for multiple spouses, or even to marry an animal...As sick as that is...You can't deny one group while granting preference to another.

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,924 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

You can't deny one group while granting preference to another.

you mean like denying gays and granting preference to straights?

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

Civil Unions! YES! Marriage! NO! Again, Pandora's Box....When people want to start screaming for multiple spouses, or even to marry an animal...As sick as that is...You can't deny one group while granting preference to another.

you don't believe that the majority of americans can separate homosexuality and beastiality? If that's true we certainly do need the government to take care of us.

#20 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

and plus, then you'd have to give civil unions to donkeys. Are you pro-donkey-civil union?

#21 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

you mean like denying gays and granting preference to straights?

OK, Rodeo, will you support a free for all with regard to marriage? I assume that MUST be your position.

Any gay man or woman has the right to marry someone of the opposite sex. So they have the RIGHT to marry, and are denied nothing.

#22 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

and plus, then you'd have to give civil unions to donkeys. Are you pro-donkey-civil union?

Easy answer for me...NOPE! But, if some guy or girl really loves that donkey, then who are we do DENY them that right...Right, Rodeo?

#23 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

OK, Rodeo, will you support a free for all with regard to marriage? I assume that MUST be your position.

Any gay man or woman has the right to marry someone of the opposite sex. So they have the RIGHT to marry, and are denied nothing.

how can you support civil unions for donkeys and child molesters yet deny homosexuals the right to marry?

#24 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,301 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

http://www.miamihera...ory/892447.html

As her partner of 17 years slipped into a coma, Janice Langbehn pleaded with staff to let her into the woman's hospital room. Despite legal proof of guardianship and "power of attorney," Langbehn and the couple's three adopted children were not recognized as family and denied access until eight hours later -- just as the last rites were performed.

I'm sure it sucked for them but "Power of Attorney" could be anyone. Not sure what this hospital's policy is but my mom just had surgery and no one under 14 was admitted into the ICU period. Can't tell where she was by that article.
Gay marriage is not recognized in Florida so I don't know what they expected.

#25 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

As Htar is showning, there are still people so backwards as to not understand the difference between marrying an adult and marrying an animal or child.

#26 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

As Htar is showning, there are still people so backwards as to not understand the difference between marrying an adult and marrying an animal or child.

When did I mention anything about marrying a child? So if homosexuals get right to marry...Will all those mormons in Utah get the right to have multiple spouses? I assume you would support that as well?

Again, if gay people want civil unions for letigious purposes...Have at it. But remember, if you legislate for one group, you will have others pissed about the special recognition.

#27 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

If they leagalize pot they might as well leagalize murder!!!

No special recognition!!!

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,924 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

we can't have consenting adult marriage because of what pedo criminals might do just like we can't have have guns because of what gun criminals might do.

i mean it makes total sense to deny civil rights because of what some unrelated group might think or do.

#29 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,309 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

When did I mention anything about marrying a child? So if homosexuals get right to marry...Will all those mormons in Utah get the right to have multiple spouses? I assume you would support that as well?

Again, if gay people want civil unions for letigious purposes...Have at it. But remember, if you legislate for one group, you will have others pissed about the special recognition.

See, if you start with donkeys and then backtrack to Mormons, you might seem reasonable.

The fact is that Polygamy as practiced by the Mormons only allows men to have multiple wives (not one wife and multiple husbands), so would be torn apart by the first feminist to challenge it in court. From a standpoint of breeding, there would be a lot less variety in a communities gene pool from one father/multiple wives which would lead to a host of medical issues. The advantage of this type of relationship are that if a man is rich enough he can support multiple families, but the potential for neglect, jealousy and other emotional issues for the wives and the fact that women could easily become harem trophies, clearly make the practice detrimental for socity as a whole.

Gay marriage on the other hand, provides stable enviroments for adopted children and a committment to the other person in the relationship as well as making sure kids grow up with great fashion sense.

#30 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:56 PM

I see nothing wrong with a man marrying a donkey but to decide who gets custody of the little donkey well thats were it gets confusing. And I think if the legalize same sex marriages and the gay community finds out about prenups, and child support, visitation, affairs,ect, they will wish they had just kept it simple and enjoyed living together in perfect harmony.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com