Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Jake Delhomme to be released...again.

I'm all for him signing a 1 day contract, but to suggest he actually join the team is crazy the guy can't play anymore

The past 2 1/2 years have somewhat proved he can no longer play as a full time starter ( he began his INT streak on the 2nd half of '08), but he DOES have a lot more experience & knowledge most back-ups don't. I think he could be a wonderful back-up...probably 3rd. Clausen & Moore didn't have anyone to talk to during bad games but lame duck Fox

Now, I wouldn't complain if we signed him to a one year deal to be 3rd QB to mentor our young guys. We HAVE to have a veteran QB and some leadership.

Yeah but he sucks now and there are tons of free agents. 0% chance it happens.

Jake gets a worse rap than he should because Fox left him in too long. It was not a bad decision at the time but in retrospect it looks bad. Not many people really knew that he had completely lost it. And it was made worse by the fact that moore played well once he was benched.

Why does he have to retire as a Panther? He'll always be remembered as a Panther anyway.

I think you answered your own question... You want to retire under the jersey of the team you will be remembered for. At least that is the mindset behind it.

I think you answered your own question... You want to retire under the jersey of the team you will be remembered for. At least that is the mindset behind it.

That's what Stephen Davis did, retiring as a Panther. He was actually best known as the RB who helped lead us to the SB big time. Delhomme lead us to the SB, the playoffs three times & even made the pro bowl in '05 (believe it or not). Let him retire as Panther

so much hate...

come on people..

Man I miss that dude. I know he went down hill but you just have to like the guy. There may be better QBs we have here in the future but one things for sure not many if all will have the hart of Delhomme.

And probably in as many worst moments too :(

But he def made the game exciting. Thats for sure, and most people over look the master piece that he did in 05.

Sign him to a one day contract.

Let him retire.

Sign him as an offensive assistant.

I understand why they do it, it just seems like a pointless gesture.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    David Adam