• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Jake Delhomme to be released...again.

I disagree. He may not have had the single best season of a Panthers quarterback, but I think he had the best career as a Panther.

Yea if you take away seasons from Beuerlein and only count the good ones for Delhomme, then I guess Delhomme will be a better QB lol... I bet you're counting the year Delhomme only started 3 games when you calculated those QB Ratings right? Because excluding that year and also excluding last year (while only including his healthy years with us), his QB rating is still below Beuerleins starting years. That's a more fair comparison. (btw...Beuerleins 3 starting years QB rating is 87.5)

False, I stated his career rating for seasons he started all games. He did not start all games in 1998 for the Panthers, he only started all games for two seasons with them. The third season I calculated was with Phoenix Cardinals in 1993.

Therefore, like I said, Beuerlein's Career rating in seasons he started all games, (only three in a 15 year career btw) is an 85.6. Delhomme's career rating if you throw out his last year is an 85.75. That's with doing the math correct and adding it up on a game by game basis, not by counting 2006 as 16 games like you assumed I did. Check the math, you'll see that I'm right.

plus, the difference between 87.5 and 85 is pretty freaking low. Delhomme holds Panthers records for yards, touchdowns, attempts, completions... and sure, he may not have had the best year as a Panthers quarterback but I think his wins push him over the top.

Very well said Maximus, and that surgery did have an effect on his arm. I know some poeple in the rehab field and they all say the same thing about tommy john surgery. You can live a normal life after it, but your never the same after it. Killerkat, c'mon man the best? I'am just bustin your chop's.

False, I stated his career rating for seasons he started all games. He did not start all games in 1998 for the Panthers, he only started all games for two seasons with them. The third season I calculated was with Phoenix Cardinals in 1993.

Therefore, like I said, Beuerlein's Career rating in seasons he started all games, (only three in a 15 year career btw) is an 85.6. Delhomme's career rating if you throw out his last year is an 85.75. That's with doing the math correct and adding it up on a game by game basis, not by counting 2006 as 16 games like you assumed I did. Check the math, you'll see that I'm right.

What the f**k are you talking about? You're counting a year in which he wasn't even on this damn team when the whole conversation is about the PANTHERS.You're cherry picking numbers in a way that your boy comes out in a positive light. According to your formula, in games Beuerlein started a whole season with us (which is 2) his QB rating is 87.15...still higher than Delhomme's. Including the 98 year where he started 12 games, it's 87.5.

plus, the difference between 87.5 and 85 is pretty freaking low. Delhomme holds Panthers records for yards, touchdowns, attempts, completions... and sure, he may not have had the best year as a Panthers quarterback but I think his wins push him over the top.

Those numbers are only a reflection of how long he's played. Not how good he is.

What the f**k are you talking about? You're counting a year in which he wasn't even on this damn team when the whole conversation is about the PANTHERS.You're cherry picking numbers in a way that your boy comes out in a positive light. According to your formula, in games Beuerlein started a whole season with us (which is 2) his QB rating is 87.15...still higher than Delhomme's. Including the 98 year where he started 12 games, it's 87.5.

All I did was count year's that he started all games. Because there weren't very many seasons that he played much to give a good sample size. I stated that from the beginning. But if you want me to count all those awful back up years he had with ratings in the 60's I will. It'll just make Beuerlein look worse though.

Bring back and retire him

Bringing Jake back as a backup would be a step back

first bad game starter has ,fans would be yelling for Jake based on his past NOT his present !

All I did was count year's that he started all games. Because there weren't very many seasons that he played much to give a good sample size. I stated that from the beginning. But if you want me to count all those awful back up years he had with ratings in the 60's I will. It'll just make Beuerlein look worse though.

The whole point about this whole thing was about who was the best QB on the PANTHERS. Until you can grasp that , we need not to go much further

Those numbers are only a reflection of how long he's played. Not how good he is.

Eh, I don't agree. I don't think I'll convince you, but between Jake's stats and his wins I put him out ahead. Don't get me wrong. Beuerlein had a nice three year run, and a phenomenal single year, but I don't think what he accomplished here at the time puts him above Jake. Perhaps if he hadn't been kicked to the curb...

Eh, I don't agree. I don't think I'll convince you, but between Jake's stats and his wins I put him out ahead. Don't get me wrong. Beuerlein had a nice three year run, and a phenomenal single year, but I don't think what he accomplished here at the time puts him above Jake. Perhaps if he hadn't been kicked to the curb...

Well look at Favre. He has the most TDs of any QB in history. But he certainly isnt the best QB to ever play. Unless you talk to John Madden.

The whole point about this whole thing was about who was the best QB on the PANTHERS. Until you can grasp that , we need not to go much further

So you think that while he played for the Panther's he was magically better than his norm? So what if he had the single best statistical season. His body of work does not make him a better quarterback, Panther or Career wise than Jake.

Beuerlein's Career TD % 4.4, INT % 3.4, Rating 80.1

Delhomme's Career TD% 4.3 INT % 3.5 Rating 81.2

bring up the numbers while both played for the Panthers. That's what the whole discussion is about. Or are you avoiding it because you don't like the outcome?

Well look at Favre. He has the most TDs of any QB in history. But he certainly isnt the best QB to ever play. Unless you talk to John Madden.

He is one of the best QBs in history.

Honestly though, there is no argument Jake was the most successful if not the best. I personally think he was the best QB we had. I understand why someone might think Beuerlein was, I just don't agree.