Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatMan72

JR condescending to Peyton Manning during CBA meeting?

596 posts in this topic

Something that I've not seen talked about but I do think is a very real possibility.

If the owners in whatever way end up again on the bad end of a deal like in 96 and 06 (most likely from a court ruling) then I think Jerry Richardson along with a couple other owners will sell their teams if not just shut them down if there is no buyer. These teams will then go to bigger markets like LA where a team can prosper like in Dallas and Washington and Chicago ect.

Sad to say it but the Panthers will be out of the Carolinas within two years if the owners don't win. Then fans can really hate JR because he didn't stand his ground in the CBA negociations that would have kept him from having to sell the team.

Your definiteion of "realism" is based on your ridiculous and warped view of business and the rights that owners have with said businesses.

Owners can do whatever they want. In some business the people are completely replaceable and others not.

The owners invested hundreds of millions of their own money and debt for these teams. The players do nothing but show up...perform work...and collect a paycheck.

Players do more than that obviously. This isn't a bank with a bunch of cube dwellers.

They, in absoloutely now way, are "entitled" to any % of the company. You get that right with your personal investment.

Nobody is saying they should get ownership of the franchise. Everyone agrees that the players are integral to the NFL and should be paid lots and lots of money. The two sides are simply arguing who gets the extra Billion dollars lying around.

PS you seem really negative

Sad to say it but the Panthers will be out of the Carolinas within two years if the owners don't win.

0% chance that happens

JR won't sell the Panthers. It was his vision to bring a team to the Carolina's. The mascot, the colors, and the emblem itself are representative of the region. It would be like the Hornets all over again, which I guess is a possibility but I think JR is a better man than that. He's already got a new staff in place that everyone feels good about, he's putting his best foot forward to re-energize the franchise. If it wasn't for all this CBA stuff we would not be questioning his motives and commitment to the team.

If they did leave I don't know what I would do. The panther is most badass mascot in the NFL. Plus the panthers mean a lot to NC, especially the Charlotte area. The wine and cheese fans would be in a rude awakening if they left. JR is practically the only reason we have a team.

1 person likes this

Your wrong.

I'm 100% right. Panthers aren't going anywhere.

Hell we sold out every game in a 2-14 season

Right...Happy Panther is. Yoda style!

1 person likes this

JR won't sell the Panthers. It was his vision to bring a team to the Carolina's. The mascot, the colors, and the emblem itself are representative of the region. It would be like the Hornets all over again, which I guess is a possibility but I think JR is a better man than that. He's already got a new staff in place that everyone feels good about, he's putting his best foot forward to re-energize the franchise. If it wasn't for all this CBA stuff we would not be questioning his motives and commitment to the team.

If they did leave I don't know what I would do. The panther is most badass mascot in the NFL.

Many people put a lot of blood sweat and tears into businesses and then turn around and sell them for a large profit.

Hell, JR fired his own sons form operating the team because he saw them as costing him money. How do you think he will respond if the team is in the same situation? Especially if he then feels his hands are being forced by the CBA.

I'm not saying it will 100% happen. Only an idiot would make an absolute statement. But I think the chances are better than most of us want to admit.

Right...Happy Panther is. Yoda style!

I don't get it man.

I am right time after time after time and people still doubt me.

One day they will learn...

I'm not saying it will 100% happen. Only an idiot would make an absolute statement. But I think the chances are better than most of us want to admit.

zomg veiled insults are so clevarr!!!

How about we bet $10,000 and I give you 10-1 odds?

The Panthers aren't going anywhere.

We're in the top half of the league in revenue earned, and JR loves the Carolinas.

# 12 most valuable franchise according to Forbes.