Photo
- - - - -

JR condescending to Peyton Manning during CBA meeting?

• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

#31 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:42 AM

You are arguing that Jay Feely is lying in the interview provided above?

Your blind defense of Jerry has reached absurdity

I'm arguing that I have no idea what was said before this happened or if Peyton Manning, who is known to be a smartass himself from time to time, initiated it with his own comments or not. I expect Jay Feely to spin everything to make the players look better than the owners, because that's what this is all about, in case you're not bright enough to figure that out on your own.

And I could say the exact same thing about your obviously biased opinion of JR. You're willingness to put all the blame on JR is just as absurd.

And FTR, I have not weighed in on any of these other CBA threads because I have absolutely no control over what happens during these negotiations anyway.

#32 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,762 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hmmm...so you're saying that someone may have taken a quote out of context, and it totally misconstrued the meaning? Interesting.

#33 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,995 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:48 AM

Hepatitis C is running rampant at the Playboy mansion.

#34 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

You are arguing that Jay Feely is lying in the interview provided above?

I expect Jay Feely to spin everything to make the players look better than the owners,

Spin is the same as lie.

Jay wasn't lying and I'm sure JR said exactly what he was quoted as saying.

But keep making yourself dizzy.

#35 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

Hepatitis C is running rampant at the Playboy mansion.

That's not funny. Nobody wants to see a bunch of beautiful sluts start dying off.

#36 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,337 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

Could someone paraphrase the comments? I'm mobile right now. Doesn't sound like I'll be happy.

#37 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

If jr can crush the players union and smack Mannings giant forehead around while doing so then he is a better man tthan I thought.

#38 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,762 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

I believe it's something along the lines of:

You're an idiot!
No, YOU'RE an idiot!

#39 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,569 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

Spin is the same as lie.

Spinning is not lying, taking a quote out of context is a variation of "spin" and this is coming from a member of the NFLPA so the use of an out of context quotation could very possibly be used as a type of propaganda. Although, not an outright lie, it is deceptive, while the quote may be entirely accurate.

#40 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,995 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

That's not funny. Nobody wants to see a bunch of beautiful sluts start dying off.

http://www.carolinah...oy-mansion.html

#41 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

Spinning is not lying, taking a quote out of context is a variation of "spin" and this is coming from a member of the NFLPA so the use of an out of context quotation could very possibly be used as a type of propaganda. Although, not an outright lie, it is deceptive, while the quote may be entirely accurate.

Semantics

#42 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

Spin is the same as lie.

I'll be fine, thanks. I suppose you're right though. There is absolutely no chance that Peyton Manning baited JR in to it. After all, JR is well known for being an asshole to everyone he meets, and Peyton Manning has never made a smartass comment about anybody in public or has thrown a teammate under the bus.:rolleyes:

I mean, is it really too much to ask that people get all the facts and hear both sides of the story before they make a judgement? I'm actually not saying that JR did or didn't talk down to Manning. I'm merely saying that I don't know exactly what happened. Why that gets your pretty pink panties in a bunch, I have no idea. Have a good day though.

Edited by monstercat, 13 February 2011 - 12:06 PM.

#43 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

JRs move looks a little selfish when revenues last year doubled expectations. He may not want the players to get more money because the NFL will be getting more money. He's trying to shut the players out of benefiting from the new popularity of the sport.

Drawing out that " we get this much and they get this much " doesn't describe the current state of the NFL, only the past business model. The new business model has sales going through the roof so his point is a bit misleading, the pie will be bigger.

The owners stand to make more than ever and by extension the players, who deserve it, stand to make more also. There is a cost mechanism in the last CBA that called a "cam" (ironically)that protects ownership from cost overrun per Moose.

Fat and wanna get even fatter of the back of the guy who does the work, sad coming from a former player. There is enough money in the pot for everybody.

#44 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

Out of context from a biased perspective. He is not taking the high road, said Goodell was "lying" when he could have just said we disagree. Can't make a judgement based on this.

#45 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

Could someone paraphrase the comments? I'm mobile right now. Doesn't sound like I'll be happy.

"I wish they would sit in there and take all of the political BS aside and put it away and just go about negotiating a deal. Logical minds can sit there and come up with a deal, but when you bring in emotion you get in the way of logic.

When Jerry Richardson is the lead negotiator for the owners and he is going to criticize Peyton Manning and Drew Brees and their intelligence in our meeting on Saturday, and sit there and say dismissively to Peyton Manning 'Do i need to help you read a revenue chart, Son? Do i need to help break that down for you because I don't know if you understand how to read that?

That doesn't go anywhere to help us get a deal done"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.