Photo
- - - - -

Jussi Jokinen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 ProfessorPeppers

ProfessorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

Shocked that no one has mentioned this pickup. He is a fast, playmaking winger which is one thing we needed. Now if we can get a stay at home, hard hitting defenseman we should be decent.

And not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but how is it that the mod of this forum never starts gameday threads, or posts up any news of any kind regarding the team?

#2 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

I'm amazed at how quickly he was put into the lineup, I've read he got to the arena 30 minutes before the game.. talk about no warm ups or anything jeez.

#3 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

I love this trade. We gave away an enforcer that never wins a fight, and a defenseman that's really not very good. The only thing we really gave away of any value was a 4th round pick.

#4 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

I love this trade. We gave away an enforcer that never wins a fight, and a defenseman that's really not very good. The only thing we really gave away of any value was a 4th round pick.

Yeah but we have been drafting very well and have found a lot of value in the 3rd/4th/5th rounds which kind of worries me a little but Jussi is worth a 4th rounder to me.

#5 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

Maybe he is on vacation or has computer problems.... All I know is the Canes are looking good... lets just see if they can continue to look good. We have to win against Florida and a win in Buffalo on sunday would be just cake!

#6 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

Yeah but we have been drafting very well and have found a lot of value in the 3rd/4th/5th rounds which kind of worries me a little but Jussi is worth a 4th rounder to me.

The reason I really love this trade is Jokinen gives us immediate help on our 3rd line, and has the potential to be a 1st liner in the future. He's still pretty young, and he's got a lot of potential. He didn't really work out in Tampa Bay, but not many people really have recently.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com