Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherfan81

Kiper's Top Qbs

57 posts in this topic

Gabbert is rated above Newton because he's more of a "traditional" QB. To me, he's got all the same risks associated with him than Cam does without a third of the potential.

Locker? Mallett? You have got to be kidding.

that's not what he's saying, he's saying that newton has a past with questions about his character, whether you believe them to be true or not, they are there. and gabbert would initially do better in theory due to the fact that he is a more prototypical passing QB than Newton is. he went on to say that newton had more upside though, so taking newton would make sense too

CarolinaKat understands posts like Newton understands NFL defenses :D

1 person likes this

McShay is still slurping Locker's nuts.

BTW guys, if you didn't know ESPN has free insider until March 12th if you like their FB page. I did it yesterday.

1 person likes this

There is more insider info on the huddle then on that stupid site.

There is more insider info on the huddle then on that stupid site.

Truth.

yea but its free. thats the only reason I joined.

Anyone who has Locker ahead of Cam at this stage has no credibility. McShay was high on Locker last year and the beginning of this year. He is trying to save face but that list will change trust me.

Mayock has Locker at #2 as well, and I just don't get it. This kid was simply not an accurate passer in the games I saw, and the overall numbers show that he couldn't have been much better in the games I didn't see. This kid must have one hell of a great personality or something.

I think if Newton was a white guy and had no past at all, people would be putting him on the top of the boards. i dont want to start a race thing here but i think it has an affect. 1 bad move by a black guy in school and if he talks with slang, he is labled a thug in peoples mind. it seems to happen faster that way then if a dan connor gets in trouble.(which i think he did). im not saying this is all about race but it does play a part. I think newton has some flaws to overcome in his game, but less than Gabbert. i just was not impressed with Gabbert all. Maybe i just caught bad games, but he didnt standout as the next big thing when i watched the games. if im missing something then show me cause i would like to have a QB prospect that i think is worthy of our pick, but Gabbert is MEH? and Newton has a tarnished image.

If Newton were a white guy with no past at all, he'd be a more athletic The Golden Calf of Bristol, and he'd be in the exact same boat.

Nobody thought The Golden Calf of Bristol was worth the #1 overall pick last year either. Some didn't even put him in the first round.

The whole "it's only because he's black" thing is just stupid.

i can see that. thats a valid point, except hes bigger stronger and faster. but its close enough for me to agree with you.

i can see that. thats a valid point, except hes bigger stronger and faster. but its close enough for me to agree with you.

People forget just how hotly debated The Golden Calf of Bristol was last offseason.

It wasn't like there was a lot of consensus on him. Some people were willing to take a chance, and a lot of the same arguments (Heisman winner, National Championship QB, "he's a winner", etc) that are being used now were used then as well.

Me? I said the same thing about The Golden Calf of Bristol as I'm saying about Newton, but the circumstances of the team have as much to do with it as the players themselves.