175 replies to this topic

#1 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:31 AM

Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson has become a bit of a target during recent days, but the NFL and some of his fellow owners want to make it clear - he's still very much the man they trust to run the negotiations for a new collective-bargaining agreement.

"There is no more respected owner in the league than Jerry Richardson," New York Giants co-owner John Mara said Tuesday. "In his role as the co-chair of the owners' negotiating committee, he brings integrity, the desire to always do the right thing and he has the full respect of all the owners."

Read More: http://www.heraldonl...f-panthers.html

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

Gee, imagine that. So you mean its not just JR going off and being so terrible to the players on his own? Maybe he is more than just a big senile meanie pants?

You weirdos.

#3 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:01 AM

This is what I've been saying. Players are trying to make things seem mean and inappropriate for PR and to gain leverage... it's an old trick.

#4 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

Isn't it a little late in the game for them not to have his back?

#5 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,900 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

But but but heresay rumor and gossip isn't the same as fact?

#6 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,366 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

there is no reason to come to your defense if your not being an asshole in the first place

#7 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

Isn't it a little late in the game for them not to have his back?

exactly.

#8 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

I iam sure JR stayed awake at night because of public opinion before this...

#9 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:30 AM

Gee, imagine that. So you mean its not just JR going off and being so terrible to the players on his own? Maybe he is more than just a big senile meanie pants?

You weirdos.

Dear Mr. Mod.

Whether Richardson is working with the owners to orchestrating this persona in an attempt to intimidate the players or he's just that unsavvy during negotiations, eitherway, it's poor negotiation tactics and is only hurting the Panthers, the NFL, the players and the fans.

Thanks for the forum,

#10 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:33 AM

I iam sure JR stayed awake at night because of public opinion before this...

Unfortunately, I believe your sarcasm to be true and it's unfortunate that the man doesn't care what the people think, because the people are the ones who fill the stadium and pay the $55 million in tickets per year, not to mention the $120 million in PSLs and all the Panthers gear.

#11 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,726 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:35 AM

Dear Mr. Mod.

Whether Richardson is working with the owners to orchestrating this persona in an attempt to intimidate the players or he's just that unsavvy during negotiations, eitherway, it's poor negotiation tactics and is only hurting the Panthers, the NFL, the players and the fans.

Thanks for the forum,

I would like to see the final result before saying that it hurts anyone, or is a poor negotiation tactic. If it works, then its a damn good negotiation tactic. And I am a fan, and so far, I haven't been hurt one bit by it. Now if there is no football next year, then I might change my mind on that, but for now, they aren't hurting me at all.

And fwiw, not a one of us know whats really going on in the negotiations. We only know the bits and pieces that the media talks about.

#12 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

I'm one of the people who contribute to that $120 million, and I fully support the man. I guess it's because I actually care enough to go beyond the "he said/she said" stuff put out by Florio, Smith, and Feeley, and pay attention to stuff that the people are actually saying. You know, like how the owners aren't doing any public negotiating, and guys like Brees, who were actually there, are denying that there was disrespect.

It's a lot easier, and lazier, to just take the press reports at face value and spout off on them on an anonymous message board. It doesn't make them true though.

#13 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

I would like to see the final result before saying that it hurts anyone, or is a poor negotiation tactic. If it works, then its a damn good negotiation tactic. And I am a fan, and so far, I haven't been hurt one bit by it. Now if there is no football next year, then I might change my mind on that, but for now, they aren't hurting me at all.

And fwiw, not a one of us know whats really going on in the negotiations. We only know the bits and pieces that the media talks about.

Come preseason, you'll be on the dark side with me.

#14 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

You weirdos.

I agree. And if you've been around here a while, you probably know that anytime Zod and I agree on something there's probably a kernel of truth to it.

#15 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Location\/\/ /\/ C

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:40 AM

Unfortunately, I believe your sarcasm to be true and it's unfortunate that the man doesn't care what the people think, because the people are the ones who fill the stadium and pay the $55 million in tickets per year, not to mention the $120 million in PSLs and all the Panthers gear.

and just maybe if salaries weren't so high the ticket cost wouldn't be so high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com