Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars NJO Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#13 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

Finally got the time to finish the "Dark Nest" series... It was OK. I think I may now go back a re-read the 'Legacy of the Force' series since I read them out of order. Looks like some interesting ones coming out in a few months in the new 'Fate of the Jedi' series. Certainly no shortage of Star Wars books out there to read.

#14 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

HUDDLER

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

Finally got the time to finish the "Dark Nest" series... It was OK. I think I may now go back a re-read the 'Legacy of the Force' series since I read them out of order. Looks like some interesting ones coming out in a few months in the new 'Fate of the Jedi' series. Certainly no shortage of Star Wars books out there to read.

The "Fate of the Jedi" series looks stupid and repetitive. "Oh noes! The Jedi are outcasts and pariahs! Will they be exterminated?!?! SAVE US LUKE!!!!"

I must say I've been spoiled by reading Warhammer 40k. Its everything Star Wars could be. Its much darker and grittier.

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

The "Fate of the Jedi" series looks stupid and repetitive. "Oh noes! The Jedi are outcasts and pariahs! Will they be exterminated?!?! SAVE US LUKE!!!!"

I must say I've been spoiled by reading Warhammer 40k. Its everything Star Wars could be. Its much darker and grittier.

I do wish they would introduce some new characters and get away from the "save us Luke" stories... but from what I understand Lucas won't let them kill Luke... he also made them not set Anakin Solo up as the "heir" to the story which led to his death in the NJO series...

But I do like the Star Wars story overall and I'll keep reading unless the books get boring and so far they haven't.